Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Hit another brick wall

I am not doing great.  Another visit to the doctor this morning and he has given me more antibiotics and cortisone tablets.  I am struggling to breathe properly and just feel crap.

Mentally I am not coping. It feels like I move two steps forward and one step back. I have had so much time off work the past 2 weeks that I bet they get rid of me.  

Mental illness sucks, I wish it would just go away.  But it's not is it? It's with me forever. And learning to accept it is hard.  I can't stop crying, i am home alone. Wish someone could just put their arms around me and give me a hug.

I have the next 5 days off so i need to get better.  Dr has advised me not to do much at home and no outdoors especially if the air is cold.

Just having a real downer today. 😞

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hit another brick wall

Sorry to hear you aren't travelling too well right now @BlueBay. Can't give you a real hug, this is the best I can do. Hope it helps even a little.

snoopy002.jpg

All you can do is what the doctor says, rest and relax. Look after yourself, let the family take care of what needs to be done atound the place. Hard to feel better mentally when feeling so bad physically.

I don't think anyone can ever really get rid of MI. They may overcome it, learn to control & deal with it, but it will always be there. Others may not agree, but thats what I feel.

Take care of yourself please.

Aww thanks for the hug @Drac0.

I'm actually not bad now,  I had a sleep earlier.  I am taking it easy today and for the next few days.  I can't afford to go back into hospital again.

It's a bit cold down here, so I am rugging up and staying warm.  Can't afford to get any cold air into my chest.

This morning I put on a soup (I know the family should have cooked it) but no one was home. So i made a soup so tonight I will enjoy that.

And that's it - no more running around tonight.  It's my time to rest and relax and not cough so much!!!

Glad you're feeling a bit better @BlueBay. Soup is always good, though I think my last batch may be what made me a little ill lol. **blushes**

Good to see you're going to follow the doctors orders!

Take care.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance