Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Drac0
Senior Contributor

BeyondNow – Your suicide safety planning app from beyondblue

Had a post from beyondblue show up on my Facebook page a few minutes ago. It could be something a few around here could find very useful.

"Today we’re proud to share our Australian-first suicide safety planning app, BeyondNow.

Safety planning is exactly what it sounds like – creating a plan to stay safe during those really difficult moments. The BeyondNow app makes this suicide prevention tool even more valuable by putting your plan in your pocket – you’ll always have it on hand if you need it. It can be hard to think clearly when you’re in a suicidal crisis or having thoughts or feelings about suicide. Having all your warning signs, coping strategies, reasons for living and support listed in one place means you can focus on working through the steps until you feel safe. We hope that you and your loved ones will never need this app. But if you do, we hope it can guide you through the tough times.

You can download the app from the App Store or Google Play."

You can find our more on the BeyondNow web page.

I haven't looked at it fully myself but it looks good & looks like it can be used for other types of crisis or distress too. Hopefully this is something that will help when we need it most.

Take care all.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: BeyondNow – Your suicide safety planning app from beyondblue

Thanks for sharing @Drac0Smiley Happy

Have you used apps before? Am wondering if you've found them effective? 

Can't say I've ever tried one @CherryBomb. Maybe someone else has some thoughts on using them. I do like the idea of having a plan worked out with those supporting you in easy reach.

Hey @Drac0
I loaded the app and I entered all my info. Including my safety plan.
It's quite good.

Good to hear @BlueBay, hope it helps you in some way. Just praying you never have to use it for it's designed purpose!

Take care.

I'm going to download that app @Drac0 - sounds like it might be useful, thanks.

@CherryBomb someone from ECAT told me about an app called PTSD Coach Australia, which I've tried and found reasonably useful. It's written primarily for military personnel with PTSD but most parts of it are useful for others with PTSD. You're supposed to use it when you're feeling triggered etc. but I usually forget about it when I'm triggered and remember it only when I'm going well, which kind of misses the point... I guess it takes practice. 

Hope this one helps you @Former-Member. Though if you forget about it at the times you need it then any app is going to be useless. I've downloaded this now but haven't yet got around to setting it up. My minds been a bit lost the last few days so I think I should wait until it get a little more back in place.

Take care.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance