Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Lucus
New Contributor

Xmas sucks

As if life isn't hard enough anyway, Xmas is next level! 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Xmas sucks

@Lucus, i hear that! I know why it's so hard for me, but what's happening for you? 

And welcome! I thought I'd tag a few community guides to say hi to @Judi9877 @Shaz51 @ShiningStar @Flying_Hams @maddison ❤️ 

Hello and welcome @Lucus 

Sitting with you and here for you if you like to chat about it 

And we have a tread called Christmas/New Year for us all if you like some company xxx

Hi @Lucus,

Welcome to the forums! I hear you and understand what you mean. I'm sure Xmas is a wonderful day for many people but I am also aware that for others Xmas can be an extremely hard day to get through. I wish the media would talk more about how hard Xmas can be for some so people in general would be more mindful about it.

I hope you are okay.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather 

hanami
Senior Contributor

Hi there @Lucus 

It is definitely a really challenging time of year for so many of us. I loathe all of the Christmas specials on TV that portray wonderfully joyous peple celebrating with their lavish spreads of food, all coming to life in immaculate settings. There's something so unattainable and fake about it all, to me. For so many people this is not the reality. For whatever reason you loathe it, it's very valid. I do hope you get through it ok. 

Sending warmest wishes

Hanami

amber22
Peer Support Worker

Hey there @Lucus 

I totally agree with you and all of the comments made above by our lovely Peer workers and members. Christmas is such a hard time and is a different kind of difficult for everyone, you're not alone with that at all. I'm here if you wanted to chat about what you are finding difficult at the moment, or if you just wanted some online company. 

Thanks for sharing how you are feeling right now.

Sitting with you

Amber22

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance