Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Trying makes it worse

I'm reading on and listening @EternalFlower .

Do what's right for you my dear.

Being sectioned, anyway you look at it, is no picnic. @EternalFlower 

Glad you are home. You seem in a reasonable state of mind being reflective and processing. Seeing a psych once per week is very regular as far as I know.  

I have been in spring cleaning fever inside and outside.  Nothing is perfect but better than it was, which will do me. Still a few more jobs, but nearly done.  I am not a mad clean freak, but try to do my bit.

Hi @Appleblossom hope the cleaning feels fresh and well done on getting to it

Fresh house always nice

Hope u and Ur son are doing well....got some peace over the long weekend

Thanks @tyme @Appleblossom @TAB for supporting 

Thanks @EternalFlower 

What did you get up to today?

Thanks @EternalFlower 🙂

Hi @Appleblossom I went to Kmart today and bought a few things, also just went to a friend's for dinner, a dinner party. It was quite fun.

I also stopped by mh friends house, she is mourning her grandma passed recently.

My neighbour and I had not the nicest interaction but otherwise positive day.

How was Ur day? How's Ur show, the Italian one, I've heard it's amazing...

Xx

Lovely to hear from you @EternalFlower 

Sounds like a really balanced day, glad there was fun.  Good for you. 

Not sure what the neighbour's problem was, but I am getting better at putting such things back on them.  Figuring out who to have a superficial wave or word with, whom it is alright to go deeper.  For an old laydee it has taken me a LONG time to learn that, but better late than never!

Sorry about your friend grieving, but you were there for her and as another forumite says ... keeping it real.

I am wary of feeling obliged to be always positive. because that can short circuit processing or dealing with genuine events. 

Had a few good chats. Got plenty done. Feeling a sense of optimism, but cautious, as that niggly stuff does keep popping up.  Got an invite for a lovely day next week with new friend.

Hi @Appleblossom I think I know what u mean about those niggling feelings even during good moments, cautious optimism. Trying our best but not quite sure if everything's OK...

Sometimes there's a lot on our plates as women, a lot to worry about. That sounds good to have something positive coming up, good on u for connecting with a new person, sounds like something positive. It takes guts and effort to make new friends!

My dr called today and said his leave starts tomorrow. I got to vent 

Interesting he said that re being sectioned there's evidence ppl who are feeling not safe or in crises, if containing in first 24 hours, it passes, and they become more safe. So he justified his choice by that. He did think they'd keep me a few days.

@TAB @tyme @TuxedoCat @maddison 

@EternalFlower 

Did he say for how long?

Hang in there.  You have many good protective habits and interests and I hope enough support.

I went into the city and had a sing with some people.  Not been on the train much for a couple of years.  Bought some magnums on the way home to share with my son.

Hey @EternalFlower 

Thanks for tagging me 

It's been a long & intensive few days for me. I'm wondering if this time of year, around GF is collectively more heightened emotionally? I think maybe.

Did you watch the footy? I was disappointed by Sydney losing. Geelong looked ecstatic. Winners are more difficult to relate with. Only a few winners, the rest of us are the underdogs.

Toxic positivity. Have you heard that term before? My unicorn loving mind instantly disputed it at first. I eventually began to understand that it attempts to describe a situation that feels less safe.

A sense of freedom to express ugliness is not generally encouraged. I learnt that toxic optimism can prevent real feelings being acknowledged. I find it really confronting, as well as really comforting.

Dark can be full of light.

I'm happy to read that it sounds like you are finding your way. Kmart sounds fun! The only thing I really don't like is how they put the registers in the middle of the store. So, I walk to the front, then end up walking back - stopping & browsing along the way - wait, do I need to buy that?

Calmer days ahead. I can feel it - now the stupid footy's over!

xx 🦄

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance