Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Candyman
Casual Contributor

New member of SANE forumd

Completely new to Not only this site but to being open & honest regarding my mental health status, sharing feelings,, emotions,  my innermost thoughts with 'you", someone, anyone properly for the first time.

Where do I start? Can someone make suggestions ot ask me questions to get me started Please

Thankyou for accepting me xx

6 REPLIES 6

Re: New member of SANE forumd

Hi @Candyman 

Welcome to the Sane Forums. I hope you find it as supportive as I do.

Most people start with telling us 3 things about yourself so you might like to start there.

Some people tell us their story but that is entirely up to you.

Take Care

Snowie

Hey @Candyman I hope you find the forums helpful and an easy way to start opening up. Much easier than talking in person I think. There's the "lived experience forum" section with a few different categories to post in. You can either start a new thread or have a read of the posts there and join in the convo if you feel comfortable. When I first joined the forum it felt overwhelming getting so much support from so many people, so take your time with it and ease in gently. Another helpful tip is to tag members in your posts so they get a notification. Use the @ symbol and then start typing the users name.

Have a great day, feel free to tag me if you need anything, I'll help where I can

@Candyman  Another welcome from me.

Well done on your first post.

Sometimes, joining in existing conversations helps. Some people have great insight, and it can help to clarify our own struggles and feelings. Also, building a friendship helps to open up to feel more at ease.

You’ve done well.

Good morning  is a thread where can meet others in some lighter conversations, and get to know some others here.

I hope to see you around.

Good on you Candy man , The first contact is always the most difficult. My first 2 I wouldnt let be put out into the public,but I got over it.    As a country person I like to know if people are city or rural . We both have the same type of mental health problems but have differant ways of solving poblems.     We in the country do not have access to many things that city people can tap into , we have to improvise and help ourselves much more.     Times at the moment are difficult for every one with or without a mental illness..  .Majority of us are struggling but we will get thro with the help of each other and the information that we put forward.   So let it all hang out.  We are here for you.....jay2

Hi @Candyman ! Nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums. I hope you find the support you are looking for here. Like @Snowie mentioned, 1 of the best ways to start here is by posting 3 things about you as a way of getting to know you. It also helps people line Community Guides link you to discussion areas you might be interested in like sports for example where there is a discussion area in Social Spaces called All Things Sport... . @Maggie also suggested the daily Good morning thread where forum members pop in each day to say good morning. By the way, using the @ key brings down peoples names and forum topics here on the forums like I have done here so feel free to use it!

Anyhow, welcome again and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Judi9877

Hey @Candyman glad you found your way here.

I was very hesitant re communicating re mental health, and it took me 2 years for work up to my first post! The whole set up was pretty confusing for a while and I felt a bit lost, but it is worth persisting. It sounds dramatic, but the forum has changed my life for the better. My confidence has grown here, and off-line. I can be honest here and feel accepted.

You've probably worked this out but just in case, check the 'New' spot in the top right of the screen for notifications.

Welcome!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance