Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Silverlinin
Casual Contributor

Hi...

I'm not sure where to start...

I just feel like crying..

Sometimes I think that I'm not going to get better from seeing how I'm doing currently, how long its been. 

It's been more than a decade now still trialing. But I'm glad that now trialing is just on dosages instead of medications now which means that I may be closer to the goal? But my psych seems to indicate like he's given up, and yes that makes the process less encouraging.

Noticed how much my mood and medications have done to me from seeing how studying is so hard. I'd like a cloud always the barrier between trying to comprehend and it's not making sense because this cloud blocks you from getting the idea, from understanding.

I want to go back to university, if not study something. Having it for more than a decade and life is ticking makes me feel sad..

6 REPLIES 6
Historylover
Senior Contributor

Re: Hi...

I expect others will be along to respond to your post today, @Silverlinin. I'm just replying to let you know that you've been heard. I don't have any good advice for you, unfortunately. I just wanted to say Hello and send you my best wishes. Here's hoping there are some bright moments for all of us today. Cheers.

Re: Hi@silverlin

I can understand your difficulties with studying when having mental health struggles. Would you like to know some strategies which helped me when I was studying?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hey @Silverlinin 

I feel your pain. Always feeling like my head is foggy. Reading something, and then reading it again… and again… and then just giving up. 

Good evening @Silverlinin ,

It certainly sounds like a foggy cloudy time.

I'm glad you have found is here where you can connect with others. 

I have also been through that foggy phase. I had to look for things that gave me a reason to live such as my children, and my job.

What are some things that get you up in the morning?

Hi, yes if you know any that'll be great

Hi@silverlinin

Some strategies that helped when I was studying.

1. Putting references straight into my assignment as soon as I read them.

2. Listening to music while doing assignments

3. Dividing my study into 30 minute chunks and rewarding myself after each block by reading a magazine, cup of tea,walk outside

4. Do assignments at the library that way you don't feel like you're the only one studying on a week-end.

5. Start writing your assignment as soon as possible so you can put all your ideas down in one place.

6. Ask a friend to proof read the final version at least two days before it's due.

I hope these hints are a little useful.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance