Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

justcoz
Contributor

Hi and checking in...

Hi all

Sometimes Panic attacks  creep up on me. I would say that was what i was having the other day..

I am doing ok, I do more than i think I do, but I still do sit glued to this chair some days. But that is ok . 

So just wanted to say Hi .

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hi and checking in...

Hi @justcoz  Dealing with these sneaky panic attacks myself lately and horrid how they just come on. My new psychologist gave me a tip yesterday regarding practicing progressive muscle relaxation twice a day and also a breathing exercise in for 4 hold for 2 exhale through pursed lips for 6 and to do this about 6 times a day. Easy to do when sitting and certainly helps to keep me relaxed throughout the day. Also when a worrying thought appears usually out of nowhere, then is a good time to do the breathing technique. It’s all about staying relaxed, something I really need to learn. 🙏

Re: Hi and checking in...

I find that helps to much too @Krishna !

The secret is the pursed lips. This made a huge difference in my ability to practice breathing exercises.

Thank you for sharing! Hi @justcoz 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance