Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Chris1969
Contributor

Hello everyone

Hi all  My name is Chris.  I've had a rough couple of years, and am actually talking to my GP about talking to some one now.  I just saw the FB ad and thought, I like being part of communities, so I'll try this.  I tried beyond blue and enjoyed encouraging other people but found no one really wanted to reply when I posted so I drifted away.....

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Hello everyone

Hello @Chris1969. I'm pleased you've found your way here but sorry you needed to. Sometimes it can happen that posts don't get a reply, but that is rare. If I'm online and I see that happening, I usually jump in and say something because we can take no replies personally, can't we? And disheartening people reaching out is not what we are about. I haven't tried Beyond Blue myself, but I've found great people here.

Have a good day. I hope you find some you can talk to about any issues that may need a sounding board. Cheers.

Thanks for the reply.  I did the same on that forum, filtered for no replies and just tried to make sure everyone got support.  

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it

Hi @Chris1969 

Welcome to the SANE forums! Great you found us. I'm one of the peer workers here at SANE. I'll tag some of our amazing community guides who are very welcoming to new members 😊 Looking forward to seeing you around!

@Snowie @NatureLover  @jem80 @Aniela @Shaz51 @AussieRecharger @ShiningStar @outlander @HenryX @Judi9877 @Zoe7 @wellwellwellnez @Eve7 @maddison @Boo13 @pinklollipop15   @CrazyChick@Hams , @Faith-and-Hope , @BPDSurvivor 

I've been keeping an eye out to ensure that you were being looked after @Chris1969, and it is surprising that there has been so little response to your post to now. I am truly sorry and hope that there will be others who join you soon. I don't know if you have taken the time to have a look around the site and see the specific needs subjects being discussed. Perhaps there may be something of interest to you there. Take care and best wishes. 

Hi @Chris1969,

Welcome to the Forums! My name is FloatingFeather and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. You have found a safe space with a lot of supportive and non-judgemental people with a variety of lived experiences.

It is great that you have reached out and shared with us. I'm really sorry to read you have had a rough couple of years - I'm glad you have your GP for support. Do you have any other people around you that you feel you can trust to support you?

Please keep posting - we look forward to seeing you around the Forums.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather

PS. On an aside, if you want to directly chat with someone on the Forums use the @ symbol and then start typing their name directly after it. A dropdown box should appear, and you then select their name. This ensures that they are notified of any posts you mention them in.

Hi.  I live with my son and his girlfriend.  She hates me, he tries to give me a bit of time.  My mentally ill son lives in a house I'm paying for, I see him once a week.  My wife and I are struggling, I see her every two weeks or so.  Last year I made a number of friends who have all drifted away one way or another

Hi and welcome, @Chris1969 . Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Your mentally ill son is extremely lucky to have stable housing from you. 

How difficult to live with someone who hates you 😞

Well done for seeking a counsellor through your GP.

I hope you feel you can make some friends here on the forums. 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

Thanks for the tip.  Yeah, they are kids so I am the adult but it makes things hard, mostly because my son tries to juggle some time for me, but I am alone most of the time

Hey @NatureLover , I believe the above post is for you from @Chris1969 .

Hi @Chris1969 , Welcome to the forums. I’m glad you have come to join our community. I look forward to seeing you around.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance