Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Aqum
Casual Contributor

Depression

I just dont feel like getting out bed today.

9 REPLIES 9

iveRe: Depression

It's 1545 here and I've still not showered and need to pick up groceries....arggghhh! 

I hear you 

Re: Depression

Hi @Aqum,

Welcome to the Forums. My name is FloatingFeather and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. You have found a safe and anonymous space with a lot of supportive members with a variety of lived experience.

I'm sorry to read you are feeling depressed. I have definitely had a few days where I didn't get out of bed due to depression. It's not a fun feeling. Do you feel up to having a shower or having something to eat? Is there a friend or family member that you can call for some support?

Keep posting if you need support - that's what we are here for 🙂

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather

Hi Floating Feather thank you for reading my message. Is it okay to stay in bed.

Hi @Aqum 

Sorry to hear you're feeling so down. There's always tomorrow to try to pick yourself up a little. Don't be too hard on yourself. Keep reaching out to us here,

Sending hugs

Hanami

I think we all need a day in bed sometimes. I agree with @hanami though - maybe try and do a little bit more tomorrow if you can (even if it's just a shower and a hot meal). You just don't want to get stuck in a bit of a rut with staying in bed too long. 

From my own experience with depression the only thing I wanted to do was stay in bed, I also realised that this was one of the things that was feeding into my depression.

Please take care and keep reaching out. 

All the best,

FloatingFeather

Thank you very much

I am feeling really sad and alone and thinking that the depression will never heal its such a terrible feeling

Hi @Aqum,

I'm really sorry to read you are feeling down. Depression is not easy to go through - I have gone through a couple of serious bouts of it myself over the years. The first time I remember thinking am I going to feel like this forever (the good news is that it did eventually lift). I do remember it was a very overwhelming feeling at the time though. The other good news is that depression is very treatable with the right support and guidance.

Do you have a GP supporting you at the moment through this? If you haven't spoken to a professional about this I would really encourage you to. 

I wish you all the best - keep posting and please know others understand.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather

heya @Aqum, I think I understand what you might be feeling. For me, I've had some really bad bouts too. But for a lot of us, it passes.

Have you felt this way before? How have you got through other times you've felt like this?

I'm also wondering what support you have? For me, being able to talk about it with a counsellor and also my GP has been really helpful.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance