Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Quiet
New Contributor

Anxiety

I new on here but here’s goes ,I am suffering anxiety that I can’t get my stomach to stop the nausea.I’ve had breast cancer 2 times and every time I get something simple like food poisoning I got 5 weeks ago my body now seems to just go all over the place ,I’ve never been offered any professional help when these things happen so I am organising help but have to wait for a couple of weeks to get to see someone.any help would be a fantastic help

4 REPLIES 4
tyme
Community Lead

Re: Anxiety

Good Evening @Quiet ,

Welcome to the forums. You have been so courageous in stepping out and sharing what's been happening for you. 

I hope the community will be able to shed some light on the situation.

Have you heard of our Guided Service? If you are interested, you are welcome to have a look at https://www.sane.org/referral

Also, if you ever feel you'd like to speak to a counsellor, you can use our Drop-in line by calling 1800 187 263 (Mon-Fri 10am-10pm AEST).

Take Care,

tyme

Hi and welcome, @Quiet , I like your username 🙂

I am sorry to hear you have bad anxiety. I have anxiety too, and it sucks sometimes. 

I'm sorry you've been suffering 5 weeks now since the food poisoning 😮

I'm glad to hear you're getting some professional help...I assume you mean a psychologist? 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

hanami
Senior Contributor

Hi @Quiet 

Welcome to the forums! I'm one of the peer workers here at Sane. Oh anxiety, I so can relate. I'm so sorry to hear about your breast cancer. It seems totally understandable you would be anxious about the way your body is now reacting to things. I think it will be great when you can see someone to talk to about this. In the meantime, if you’re open to a 1-on-1 chat with a counsellor the SANE help centre is open from 10am-10pm Mon-Fri and the number is: 1800 187 263.

All our counsellors are trained to provide a non-judgemental and confidential session with the opportunity to explore your challenges and provide strategies for longer-term help.

Keep reaching out, 

Hanami

TuxedoCat
Senior Contributor

Hiya @Quiet! Welcome ❤️ 

I also get some pretty intense nausea with my anxiety. Do you have a GP or doctor you see? Maybe they could help with some anti-nausea medication? 

I use some non-medical things to help with my nausea too

How are you feeling today?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance