Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

sarvan
Contributor

re: Support Groups

Hi

I am diagnosed with complex mental health issues and although I read there are lots like me - I dont know anyone. I was recently kicked out of a DBT group for being too emotional and this has rocked me. 

Does anyone know of a support group for BPD or CPTSD?

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: re: Support Groups

@sarvan   Hello Sarvan.  Forget what you have been 'diagnosed' with.  That's not who you are.  You're @sarvan here.  How can we help?  There's a broad range of suffering here and everyone feels everyone else's pain. We are all trying to get well while we help each other.  Tell us what is uppermost in your mind today.  And welcome.

Thanks @Historylover 

I am really just looking to connect. I cant find connection and it is gutting me. 

With the recent R U Ok? day I kind of am, but I'm alone too. 

@sarvan   So good to hear from you @sarvan. 

I'm quite alone too.  Gives us too much time to think and our despair escalates, doesn't it?  You will find lots to think about here.  Others' stories help us to realize you've come to the right place.  Take it slow.  Get a feel for this place and the people in it.  I found it a haven.  You'll find that people here will do their best to help even if it is just to let you know they feel your pain. There's always support here.  

If there's anything you want to talk about - go ahead.  Otherwise just settle in.  You're among friends here.

Hi and welcome, @sarvan ! It's good you've joined, where people can understand what you're going through, and offer you peer support. 

I'm afraid we're not allowed to recommend any real life support groups, due to the anonymity of these forums. 

However, there are many people here with BPD and CPTSD...if you wanted to start a thread with either or both of them in the title, that might help you to connect with them, here on the forums. You can also type either of those topics into the search bar, to find threads on those topics which you can join. 

I hope you find the connection that you are seeking, both online here and in real life. 

@BPDSurvivor 

Hi @sarvan ,

Having MH challenges and be very isolating in itself, let alone during a pandemic.

I know how isolating and alone it can be when BPD challenges hinder the formation of meaningful relationships. As a borderline, also having CPTSD, I have come to terms with being 'alone'. It sounds sad, but it's not. I used to feel alone even when I was around people. In my MBT treatment group, all the participants had family, or were living with someone. I was the only one living alone. And guess what? I felt less alone than all those who were living with people.

I believe feeling 'alone' is an internal conceptualisation. It is what you make of it. Although I live on my own, and never have people over, I can't say I feel 'alone'. I feel contentment with how things are. I've learnt to deal with the internal feelings of dissatisfaction and void. I dealt with these feelings head on, and came to a point where if I wanted to feel different, I'd have to make changes to what I was doing. It wasn't easy changing my natural behaviour, but I knew I needed to do it. For example, I often lash out at people when I am upset. Hence, now, I try to do the opposite in hope of developing a more stable relationship. Other times, if I am upset, I shut myself off from the world - now, I force myself to be around people when I'm upset so as not to develop self-hatred. It is a lot deeper than this...I'm just giving you two examples.

Sorry, There's no magic pill or cure for BPD. It is hard work and grit. The more you put into it, the quicker the 'recovery'. When I say 'recovery', it is able being able to function in society.

Please ask if you have any questions.

@NatureLover , thanks for tagging me.

BPDSurvivor

Hmm. Thanks @BPDSurvivor 

@sarvan ,

Let me know if you have any questions. 

I welcome you to reach out here.

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance