Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Flying_Hams
Community Guide

Information sharing

Hi. 

@Former-Member

Does sane forums share information with government agencies?

I am a bit worried my posts are monitored. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Information sharing

Hi @Flying_Hams
It sounds as though you have some anxiety about your privacy and are wondering about the confidentiality of the SANE Forums. I hope to reassure you that we take the privacy of our members very seriously. You can read more in our Forums Privacy Policy which is located at the following link: https://saneforums.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/sane-forums-privacy-policy.  

Of course, SANE has an obligation to pass on a member's details to emergency services if their safety or the safety of others is deemed to be at immediate risk. Otherwise it is extremely unlikely that any personal information would be shared with government agencies.It may be worth keeping in mind that the Forums are viewable by the public and your forums member name and posts may appear in search engine results.

If you have further concerns about this please send us an email at team@saneforums.org

Hope that helps somewhat. Smiley Happy

Thanks @Eucalypt
I will email them

@Eucalypt will SANE be sharing information/partaking to promote change in the upcoming Royal Commission into Mental Health?

Hi @-Liz- 

It is Whitehawk here, the moderator this evening. Yes SANE has been involved in the current Royal Commission into Mental Health in Victoria,  if this is the Commission you were enquiring about.  We made a submission and also presented evidence to the Commissioners in person. Here is a link to news about the SANE submission from our website: https://www.sane.org/royalcommission

warmest regards

Whitehawk

Good question @Flying_Hams  i often wonder about that too. 

Thsnks @Whitehawk @Eucalypt  for explaining. 

You say that people public can see our posts in search google - how can they know it’s the real person if we are using a user name? They can’t possibly find my posts if I’m using another name. 

Does this relate to the Banerji case?

What I don't understand yet is how her identity was determined when she was using twitter anonymously. The one thing I read was that her boss suspected it was her. Has anyone seen any further info on this? 

Edit: from 2013 (https://www.smh.com.au/national/public-servant-loses-fight-over-twitter-attack-on-government-2013081...)

Ms Banerji initially denied the Twitter account was hers, but in October last year her investigator, Robyn White, wrote she was ''satisfied that, on the balance of probabilities, the evidence provided, although circumstantial, does support the conclusion that the LaLegale account is yours''.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance