Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

@Former-Member yes I was introduced to that at a conference recently! It has been really helpful to a couple of our carers too!

Re: Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

There is a lot of wonderful information for carers on line, but having people provide and explain it in person makes so much difference @nashy  @Arafmi_Ltd 

Alrighty wonderful humans 🙂 Last question now. This one specifically for our guest Andrea from @Arafmi_Ltd, please feel free to stay tuned in @Former-Member @Former-Member  @Shaz51 @Grayso  for her answer Heart The question on everyone's mind...

What sorts of organisations are available to us as regional carer’s?

very good question my @nashy Heart

*rolls up sleeves

Arafmi Ltd have a variety of ways to support you, from support groups regionally, to education programs (both face to face and online) like Carer Coach to help you navigate the NDIS should you have a package. We also have houses that can accommodate your loved one to give you a much needed break (via ndis packages) but most importantly we always have someone on the end of the phone to offer advice or simply listen, to your point @Former-Member it makes all the difference when you have someone that explains it to you in person.

I would also like to mention the Caring Fairly campaign which we are part of that are fighting for the financial rights of carers and have forged a campaign aimed at Federal Ministers to change policy and fight for the rights of carers on a national policy level. More information here on that...

http://www.caringfairly.org.au/our-policies

Have you anything in SE South Australia @Arafmi_Ltd ?

We are thinking of moving there and there appears to be a dearth of carer support services as compared to other states/ regions 

Hi @Former-Member we don't personally but I can certainly look into it for you!

@Former-Member Mental Health Carers Australia have a presence there I think... will check

@Former-Member wrote:

Have you anything in SE South Australia @Arafmi_Ltd ?

We are thinking of moving there and there appears to be a dearth of carer support services as compared to other states/ regions 

Anything face to face in the NSW mid north coast region @Arafmi_Ltd ?

@Former-Member I will confirm and check that for you too 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance