Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: why can't I cope longer?

mask art (19).jpeg

Hi @Adge  sorry bit slow replying... again :face_with_rolling_eyes:  Counselling / therapy is definately somewhat inadequate. Guess you get good and bad in every profession. But more than that... I'm starting to think the whole Mental Health bubble, and the DSM is fundamentally flawed 👎 Primative and too dependent on pharmaceuticals. But what would I know.  One lay counsellor with church once walked me through a violent childhood (11yrs) rape that I'd not told anyone. She helped me see for cetain it was NOT my fault. And I am greatful. 

I'm sorry you haven't managed to find one good counsellor to help you process your past with some substance. One thing that has helped me is to talk with the Holy spirit (Jesus) in prayer, about specific incidents that come up, one at a time. You heard the slogan "what would Jesus do" -  I like to seek "what would Jesus say?" (not a faithless human)... get the bigger picture so to speak, a birds eye view, God's perspective. There is a scripture in the Bible where Jesus says "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were dr#wned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" 

There will be a reckoning for all.

Sorry you didn't get to talk through the losing ya dad. It would be good. I couldn't with mum, and dad's dementia is a living loss. I felt alone in the world when I realised I'd lost them both. Not logical, but the child within is still us. 

Greek culture seems to have a more grounded approach to death and life milestones... and it's community based... family! Not 9-5 paid help,  drugs or volunteer strangers on the end of a crisis line. Trick is NOT to get into crisis, think. But what would I know :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Are you holding together?

Did I tell ya I got another load from storage yesterday? The fridge 😕 but I actually did it laying on its side and got kind neighbour to help me stand it back up. I strained my heart i think (re high blood pressure)  as chest stiffness dull ache since, so resting since, fluids only... almost gone tonight. One more load left and I can hand the storage shed key back. Maybe tomorrow, weather and health  permitting..  see how I feel. That will be the end of that chapter in that own where I raised the kids, DV, 5yrs family court battle, and lost my girl 😢 Talk about 40yrs in the wilderness. I'm getting my house in order, what's left of it, without interference from anyone anymore. Its lonely but I'm finally sorting through the quagmire - inside and out. Not sure if that makes any sense. @@ @Appleblossom @ would know what I mean I think ,💙

Oh dear, this is much longer than planned sorry. Need a cuppa 💙

@Adge 

Smiley Happy

@Former-Member 

I have a sense of what you mean. Inner and outer worlds.  Soul and home.

I think they are experimenting.  It is not necessarily bad to do that, but we ought to know if we are in a trial, and there are usually protocols and ethics committees. A lot depends on the vulnerability of the person. Sadly my family was more vulnerable than most. For a decade or 2 it was all about getting them to talk about it.

I have also had the word "retraumatising" dropped on me by a youngish 40s psychologist, who did not seem to want to do "the work" with me.  That was her right, but she should have admitted it and referred me on, rather than deliberately abuse me in the guise of "giving me feedback". That happened in April.  Most unprofessional.  They dont get to take taxpayers dollars and do that. I sing now. Loud and clear.

Hope you guys keep looking after yourself.  I had a good day, but just triggered as I discussed another unsatisfactory  issue and made decision to report and cease seeing that support wkr.  The one who called my son and I "nutter" among other things.  Was bugging me for about 5 weeks.  Both Gp and friend said: Not acceptable. 

All we need is basic respect.

Oh Hugs ((( @Former-Member )))

Yes DSM Labels are constricting & damaging (also socially stigmatising) for people.

Plus pharmaceuticals - actually cause far more damage than good, quite often.

My NSW friend now has serious long-term physical illnesses, & physical body-damage - directly (only) caused by decades of prescribed MI medications.

Sorting through belongings that remind us of people who have gone, is so hard - especially close people.

I'm sorry....

I'm overwhelmed, have been for all of today - because of Job Contacts & Applications.

It's all come at once, & it was too much.

Group Info Session, Manual Handling exercises, then Job Interview tomorrow morning (Wednesday).

For a Disability Job that is far too stressful, & they insist that I drive about 100Km per day (to & from work, & between clients) - I cannot do that, & really should not take the jobe, even if they offer it to me.

So feeling trapped (Damned if I do, Damned if I don't) is causing me a lot of stress.

I have some urgent health problems that I need to see the Dr about - I keep putting it off, because I feel overwhelmed (don't want to deal with it).

Have a Good night, hope you sleep well.

I will try to respond more to what you said - when I climb out of this Black Hole (overwhelm) Deep Pit.

AdgeSmiley HappyHeart

Yes @Appleblossom You deserve respect, most definitely.

No-one needs to be called a Nutter - Not appropriate.

I've been called that, & worse things - Ironically by Aggro Violent people (who were actually Nutters, if appropriate).

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Adge - you'll be ok, govobtge interview (to keep Centrelink happy) and tell organisation you'll require accommodation at there cost. Clearly 100km a day is two far to travel. Maybe they expect you to move. They do that. They don't care about the birds and home you've set up. Ya gotta get some medico backup here Adge. If the d says 100k travels beyond you then..m that will help. Its hard with cPTSD - lacking that 'sense of self' (what you need, how to express it), your rights. I think it's so disrespectful / unreasonable they expect this from you. Remind you of something? I so relate to that 'confused' feeling and know where it comes from. Its not from God and a sure sign to back up. Adge, JUST SAY "NO! that job won't do" (end of story.. Wait for something better, the right job for you my friend. Patience 💙
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Appleblossom, I'm glad you resolved the "nutter" situation. How can they expect us to "trust" them when they refer to us in derogatory terms. Aweful! She needs go get a job in a pub or something, not with vulnerable hurting people liking up to her. No, stuff her! I'm glad you've walked away. Someone better will come eventually, you'll see. 💙💙💙

@Adge @Former-Member 

Smiley Happy

Thanks.

I dont respond to bad words to me at the time.  I have strong, "wait and think about it first" instincts.

I had a coffee date yesterday with a fellow wanting to start a dance band.  I might join him.  He has ideas how to it social distancing.

This morning a Landcare chappie delivered some indigenous plants and we had a lovely chat.

I do know the difference between normal decent conversation and the other ....

My back and neck pain is difficult, but physio session yesterday was excellent.  Need to keep moving, which is why I started gardening ...

Hope you are both doing well. Well enough ... As well as Possible.

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Appleblossom, I'm ok enough. Got more done this last week than I have in quite a while.
Sounds exciting this new band. So glad you're gonna give it a go.
Do you think the current weather changes has affected our pain re arthritis atm? My bones know when the rain is coming the day before.
Proud of myself today, I finished with the storage unit today, cleared it / empty. the end of a 18yr chapter in that small town. (Good bye - you served us well) enough). I dropped off things @ charity shop, and a load at the tip... and dropped off the keys.
That last load might still be in my car but it's all in one place now. I've been scattered all over the countryside this last 2-3yrs so yep, getting my house in order, and there's healing on that.
Good Night 💙💙💙

Great progress @Former-Member  👍

You have achieved a lot ... well done. 😄🌺

Emelia 💞

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh boy, woke up HEAVY this morning, high pitch ear whistles. No energy but gotta empty van. Head rehashing ph convo with 'friend' (1.5hr drive away) who tells me she's on tail end of 3wk holiday. I'm taken back that she hasn't found the time to visit me (now I'm closer) since the excuse always was her work. And I should have visited her I guess. She reckons she told me (messes with my head) but i would have remembered that. SEEMS FRIENDS REALLY DO DROP OFF. Phone calls don't cut it for me anymore. Funny how the brain rehashed every bad thing they've said and done at times like this. I don't know if to tell her how I feel or block the bit I get. Everyone's fading away and there's nothing I can do about it 😢

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance