Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

SunshineWalker
Casual Contributor

When it failed to be behind the scenes of the pandemic and start my Journey fresh

• Something not fair either.   I have worked so hard with my mi  I got a job that made me proud of myself working in aged care and with NDIS, I worked hospitality for 20 years and that career path did not have the same job satisfaction at the end of your work day. I was helping people. One Life goal achieved this year.and I earned it and felt it. I had customers (that is what we call residents) that survived and lived to old age with so similar stories even to the point of mh concerns , and age was no barrier to my empathy and connections to my "customers"  it kinda felt like I had the courage to talk to old friends soon and reconnect maybe or at least I could apologise to them. But now a few weeks in the making I'm in my pit again.  And this time it's the  care staff at my work my coworkers I've nicknamed Eden1 and Eden0 for both our sakes I guess.  The kind of people who pledged to care for vulnerable people.  
1 REPLY 1

Re: When it failed to be behind the scenes of the pandemic and start my Journey fresh

Hey @SunshineWalker 

I'm sorry to hear that you felt in your pit again. That weight of hopelessness, grief and exhaustion that we can feel, returning to that place again and again, can be so hard. 

I don't want to disregard that other part of this story though, because it is not lost. It's beautiful to hear you describe the feeling your deep capacity to connect with certain others brings. It can be such an empowering quality to have, for ourselves and the people we share that space with. I strongly hold hope and trust that you will feel that again some day soon, if you haven't already 💚

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance