Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

TrueFeelins
New Contributor

Told I'm sick, twisted and evil

Hi, I'm new so probably not doing the correct thing here?  I seriously need somebody to talk to.  I'm at wits end.  If I wasn't mental before well the goings on in my Family have me mental now.  How do you know there is something actually wrong with you?  Like do you take the word of family members who aren't exactly Sane themselves?  I'm hurting.

I can't find any therapist who will make time for me.  Thanks for reading this.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Told I'm sick, twisted and evil

Hey @TrueFeelins 

Welcome! I am glad that you have found this space to reach out.

Those names that you have been called, or labelled with, are totally not okay and can be incredibly hurtful. Sadly, many of us here can likely relate to being given pretty harmful labels.

I hope that this can be a good space for support. SANE also has an awesome drop-in phone line, available on 1800 187 263 for support from a counsellor, too. 

You are not alone here 💛 Sitting with you here today.

Hi @TrueFeelins 

Welcome to the forums. It's great that you've reached out to ask for support. I'm sorry you've had such issues with your family members. It sounds really awful those things they've said to you.

The best place to start is with your GP. You can tell them how you're feeling and they can assess you and make necessary referrals. Do you have a GP you got to regularly who you feel safe to talk to?

Warmest wishes

Hanami

@TrueFeelins 

You are probably right that your family has issues with sanity if that is their description.  All we can do is our best and to move away from destructive situations.  It is sad and hard when it is with family.  I am not sure what your circumstances are but getting a referral from a doctor has become a "normal" way of getting an outside perspective and support, in which to make decisions and become more independence.

I can feel your pain because that is very much my situation. My son is an ice addict. I believe he is in psychosis or schizophrenic (my brother is schizophrenic). From being, in his own words, the only person who has always helped him, I have become a monster (also his words). He now believes I’m a narcissist who has destroyed his life from when he was a tiny child. He believes I am controlling his computer and contacting all his friends. He believes his girlfriend is a prostitute and has theee different pseudonyms. Because he is an adult we can’t get any help from him. The police and the ambulance have all treated us the same as they’ve treated you. They say there is nothing wrong with him.
I am so sorry you are in this situation and I can’t offer you any help. We can’t find hel either. The only thing I have been able to do is get some medication from my doctor for myself. My heart is with you in your pain. The only person in the family he talks to is his father. He keeps warning him that he needs to get away from me because I am destroying his life and I am planning to steal all his money. We are have no idea how this will end for him but fear the worst.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance