Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Struggling: TW suicide

@Captain24 I don’t want to have this desire because it’s not like I can do anything about it.

Same @creative_writer . I am in this battle on my own. Other than the members on here. 

@Captain24 it’s hard. I know close healthy relationships are a protective factor but I don’t know how to do them. I’ve never been good at it. Like it’s not that I want to talk, I just want safe warm hug. But I want the hug from someone who understands I am struggling right now.

I’m not sure how to do relationships either @creative_writer . That’s why I live on my own. Inalso struggle with friendships 

I’m really not ok and would love someone just to hold me and tell me everything will be ok. 

I can send you a virtual hug though. 

Hey @creative_writer - I hear you. Sometimes, not speaking speaks louder than words.

Just a snuggle cuddle.... it can make all the difference.

@Captain24 I feel like it's worse feeling lonely around people than it is alone, because there is this expectation you're not meant to feel lonely with people. I feel that way every single day, I don't have the luxury to live alone.

@tyme it certainly does.

Today I just want to disappear. I wish I could just get it over and done with, but had to think through a safety plan so I don't have access. Can't shake these overwhelming feelings. I am fortunate to have grown up in a supportive and safe environment and still living with a caring family. The only abusive home is my heart.

Hi @creative_writer,

I really sorry to read you are feeling this way. I know that feeling of feeling alone despite being around people - it's not an easy way to be.

It's really good that you have gone through your safety plan so you don't have access. That takes a lot of strength - particularly when you are feeling such overwhelming feelings. It is great that you have a caring family and safe environment. You are lucky to have that but I also understand that sometimes all the support in the world may not be enough when those feelings come from within.

While SANE is here to support you as much as we can unfortunately, we are not a crisis centre. If you ever do need immediate support, please call:

- LifeLine on 13 11 14

- BeyondBlue on 1300 224 636

- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467

As mentioned above, while we are not a crisis centre, we are a place for support, safety and to share our lived experiences. 

I will email you to check in your safety - please respond when you can.

Warm wishes, 

FloatingFeather

@FloatingFeather I am just tired of having to put this mask on all the time. When I am out, when I am out at home. Always having to control tears because I just feel like I can't be vulnerable.

I went through something very similar many years ago - it was one of the hardest times of my life. It was tiring trying to pretend to be happy when I was struggling so much alone so I feel like I can relate a little to how you feel.  Those feelings did eventually pass with time, help from professionals, forcing myself to do things even when I didn't want to etc. Do you have someone you trust you can talk to about this? A good friend, GP etc?

Warm regards,

FloatingFeather

@FloatingFeather that’s the thing I feel like I can’t talk to my GP and closest friends are so far away. I have professional help but that can’t fill in the void of personal relationships.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance