Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Sirine
Senior Contributor

Still homeless

Hi guys just to keep you abreast of my happenings I’m still homeless luckily I’m staying with a friend but it’s not ideal.

I have tried to get help but because we are not in an intimate relationship there is absolutely nothing.  I have called everyone including the local member.

there is no where to report abuse against a disabled person who is not in care either.  
I feel so helpless and powerless and am constantly traumatised by her barrage of texts. 
I am paying rent on a property I can’t live in nor enjoy and she’s getting away with everything.  She destroyed my fairy lights, I reported it and because she denied it the case was closed.  There is no fairness in this world.

anyway there’s a quick update on what’s happening.

please all have wonderful days xxx

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Still homeless

Oh @Sirine , I’m so so sorry this is still the case. Sounds so unfair.

Have you approached your local police about this?

I hope you get some answers and support soon. You deserve better.

Hi @Sirine 

Gosh so sorry this is happening to you. Can the police get involved as @BPDSurvivor suggested?

Take care and know we are thinking of you 

Hanami

@BPDSurvivor I have contacted the police and because we are not in an intimate relationship they don’t class it as dv they won’t help. I have contacted everyone I could think of including abuse lines there’s nothing. I don’t even know if my lease will be renewed.  I’m in limbo.

thanks for caring xx

@hanami 

Thanks for caring hun.  Police don’t want to know as it’s not classed as dv. All I can do is wait until the lease runs out and hope they kick her out and renew mine.  There’s no help out there for people like me. 😥

Geez, that's unfair isn't it. ❤️

@hanami Yep

@Sirine, I would have thought the term 'domestic violence,' as opposed to family violence, referred to violence occurring within a domestic setting. If they are saying that you are falling between the cracks, someone is not doing their job. Are they implying that people who co-habit have no rights or recourse? That makes a lot of people without protection and rights.  

Any abuse is wrong as far as I know, and can be reported to the police - it probably just isn't termed 'domestic violence'? @Sirine 

Totally agree @Historylover !

A Google search asks 'What counts as domestic violence in Australia?'

'Any behaviour that's violent, threatening, controlling or intended to make you or your family feel scared or unsafe can be considered family and domestic violence.'

I don't have all the facts here, but @Sirine is paying the rent on a premises that she is too afraid to live in?

As I said, someone isn't doing their job if such a situation does not provide recourse for Sirine.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance