Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Fluttershy1
Senior Contributor

Starting to struggle

I was doing so well, my moods where manageable and now I feel like I'm losing control my anxiety is bad my flashbacks are more present, family are causing lots of stress and controlling me I don't know what to do, it all feels really to overwhelming. 

I feel like my whole world is falling apart, my stress levels are high, my moods are always fluctuating, I have random anger outbursts, I'm isolating myself from nearly everyone. 

My dad hasn't even really contacted me, I'm really upset, I feel like he doesn't care or even wants to give me a call to see how I am. His wife is really controlling and she tends to judge me. They want me to go to Christmas with them and I don't even want to see them. 

I find this time of year is triggering. 

Am safe

1,105 REPLIES 1,105

Re: Starting to struggle

Hey @Fluttershy1, I'm modding tonight.

I can see there's a lot on your mind right now. The holidays are a stressful time for many aren't they? I am also not a fan of this time of year. I can imagine the usual issues with your family are feeling even more heightened right now. What will make you feel even a little empowered and in control tonight? It sounds like you need some TLC right now Heart

Here with you,

Sphinxly

@Sphinxly - I'm gunna colour in and listen to music. And just relax 

Hi @Fluttershy1 . I just thought I'd pop in to let you know that you aren't alone with how you are feeling because I'm also feeling like I'm starting to struggle with this time of year. Families can be pretty confronting at Christmas, especially parents as I read you're having issues with your father. I'm glad you're taking time out to do something for yourself to take your mind off things. Well done! I'm proud of you👍🏻!  Keep up the great work. 

Take care forumite friend!

Judi9877☺️🎄🍀

@Judi9877 - it's hard, I feel like nobody cares about me, I tried reaching out but they just pushed me away and said I'm not there issue. 

am safe 

Hi @Fluttershy1,

It sounds like a really difficult time, it is an awful feeling when you get pushed away. Thanks for reassuring us that you're safe. Your forum family is here to support you. 

Thinking of you,

tropicalsun

Thanks @tropicalsun - I feel a lot better I've been iut

Hey @Judi9877 @BPDSurvivor - struggling with today

It's okay to struggle @Fluttershy1 . It is not wrong to have struggles. We are here for you.

It feels overwhelming @BPDSurvivor  - it's hard my family just treat me like I'm nobody

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance