Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Aggie
Senior Contributor

So it’s psychosis?

So I’m going through a psychotic episode at the moment and I’ve gone through what I now remember know quite a few in the last three years so debilitating I think there’s a lot of miss information about psychosis because he people saying if you questioning it, you’re not in psychosis, I believe that is so incorrect or maybe I’m not even experiencing it I don’t know !

I received some news on 6 September, and it had to do with my recent trauma, but I didn’t put the two together at the time I noticed I thought of losing track of everything. I didn’t realize I hadn’t left the house in a few days and I noticed my frustration levels were really out of sort I don’t get angry very often anymore and I know the most little things were tipping me over the edge then I noticed reality shifting the wheel didn’t seem real I felt unfamiliar, and I felt unfamiliar like I didn’t know who I was what I was and that was really uncomfortable to be in that state it was awful I was in that state for quite a few days and then last night I got triggered by a really loud noise that took me straight back too much for mine 2019 and it didn’t take long after that. I was in full fledge delusional state I’m not sure how long for I think I might’ve came out of it around this afternoon so unsettling because when it dawned on me that hang on a minute I got a feeling that it’s actually not happening. It’s the worst feeling I could possibly feel! I’ve not knowing how long I’ve been in that state and the feeling of how the mind can completely take over. It’s so scary and coming out of it is weird because I can’t remember words I can’t remember anything I’m saying I’m all over the place it’s chaos. That lasted just over three weeks. I’m not sure how long it’s gonna take for me to completely come out of. Dose this This is sound like a usual psychosis to anybody ? 
The confusion is the worst it’s taking me threes try and work this out and I’m still trying to work it out if somebody could shed some light I’d be much appreciated. Hope this makes sense as I’m so struggling to write this. 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: So it’s psychosis?

Hi @Aggie ....that sounds awful and confusing, I'm sorry to hear 😞

We're not allowed to diagnose medically, and I don't know about psychosis myself, but I'm going to tag @greenpea who is very wise and has some experience.

Hey @Aggie - what supports do you have right now?

@Gwynn I’ve got a treating team ,case manager, dr, psychiatrist and I do therapy once a week but they’ve all been up in the air because they will be taking holidays at the same time. I did Voice my symptoms last week to my treating team and we’ve had two public holidays and the weekend and I haven’t had any access to anybody I’ve been utilizing  1800 Trauma and this forum I’m still struggling today. It’s really hard to to speak to people it’s really strange.

@Aggie Are you sure it’s psychosis.

Is that what they said or are you guessing? 

you said that you are dealing with trauma stuff and implied that the trauma was the trigger.

some of what your saying sounds similar to  trauma related PTSD and Dissociative disorder symptom and dissociative fugue. 

If you have a trauma history make sure that your treating health professionals know about it and also have a background in trauma so they can consider that.

Some of what you are describing sounds like depersonalisation / derealisation as well.

@NatureLover @Aggie  sorry cannot type much as have buggered up my thumb. sending love though. greenpea xx

@Aggie , what about your informal supports? Have you told them you might need help?

@greenpea wrote:

@NatureLover @Aggie  sorry cannot type much as have buggered up my thumb. sending love though. greenpea xx

Oh no! Wishing you a quick recovery @greenpea  💚

Good afternoon @NatureLover @greenpea 

thank you so much for both responding. I spoke to my treatment team today and I have an appointment to work out a plan with my psychiatrist on Wednesday. Today is a better day. Thanks for your support.

@NatureLover  thank you my friend NatureLover <}

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance