Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

jamesle2015
Senior Contributor

Same place forever

Has anyone here lived in the same house your whole life or most of your life? 

Has anyone stayed in the same suburbs and never gone interstate or overseas for whole life and worked near home as well?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Same place forever

I've lived in the same house my whole life, but I've been interstate. Apparently, it's my life sentance to be stuck here, according to my shrink. I have to have "acceptance" of that.

Never could figure out what crime I'd committed to warrant such a sentance. Guess I must've been Vlad the impaler in a past life.Smiley Sad

@jamesle2015 @chibam  I have moved around alot during my life but now am stuck in a place that is so boring I hate it all due to my mental illness .... it sucks. I would love to escape but that wont be happening any time soon.

I have lived my whole life in the same house. I have travelled around my state and to other states a little but I haven't travelled overseas in more than twenty years.

yeo same here I have definetly lived in the same town my whole life even though I was born elsewhere I get restless to go elsewhwere,also lived in the same house for years on end so I can hear you loud and clear also a side note this morning wasnt the best I felt half asleep while dropping my car off for repairs I am genrelly not a morning person and dont like to be without my car even for repairs cause im used to the independance so this mornings worries are about cost of car repairs and definetly still thinking way too much about just everything but I get what your saying and maybe thats particailly why im stressed currently but for some reason I am such a drama queen when it comes to my car and Yeah I guess staying in the same place for so long physically definately causes anxiety emotionally cause Im not sure about you but it does at times make me feel stuck ,sorry to rant but Im so thankfull for you all on the forums and need to vent so thank you all for your support especially rectently with all my emotional crap it gives me a space to just explain things and gives me space from the real world for a while,an escape ,last night I did not sleep well through the whole night and wound up having a nightmare and woke up feeling nausuos and quite shakey after the nightmare it was one of the worst nightmares Ive had for a while but also lack of sleep did not help but thank you guys on the forums for being a constant support sending strength for another day LostAngelHeartHeartHeart

I am totally the opposite. I lived in my family home until 16 . Since then I think I have lived in about 50 different houses. I just couldn't settle. I needed constant change. Now I have been in this place for about 2.5 years. I think that's a record! It's always kind of bothered me that I need to move. I have also had about 30 different jobs. It makes me feel stupid when I think about it.

I lived in the same home for over 48 years.... my father built that house... in the exact spot he was born ( he was born in the shed at the back of his home) .... so he had lived there 82 years.... the street we lived in was named after him.... the street it is off was named after my family.... the reserve next door was named after my grandfather.... our family had lived there for at least 7 generations.... 

I sadly just had to sell the home.... I was the end of the line of my family to live there 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance