Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tw Not Coping

Hi @Shaz51, I hope you are doing well 💖

@Birdofparadise8, your feelings are completely valid. Does she know about the past bullying?

Hi @Shaz51 

Hello @Captain24 , @creative_writer 

Resting this afternoon 

What are you doing xx

Resting is good @Shaz51 

Ive just had a little nap after brunch and getting my vitamin D intake. Now sitting in the lounge looking at things I need to do. But since it’s 36 degrees here I may go out and sit in the sun for a bit again. 

What’s your plans for the afternoon? 

@Shaz51 resting here too. Don’t think my sleep quality was very good so really sleepy. Xx

@Captain24, I hope you enjoy the sunshine.

Yes she does @creative_writer
How are you going today?

Hey @tyme you on yet? How are you?

I had a chat with my counsellor at kids helpline. 

I think while we were talking and stuff I have had a relisation about my depression because I have been doing my skin care routine to make me feel a bit better before I go to bed. She said that’s good because a few weeks ago I wouldn’t have done that and so it’s a small bit of progress she said. So maybe I am getting somewhere. Obviously because today right now as I’m talking to you I’m not feeling as crappy as maybe yesterday and the day before as I’ve been doing things with my family. Anyway maybe when I’m not feeling the worst it’s no as bad. I hope that makes sense. Also when I feel crappy I might not be able to relise the progress and things I’ve done to help myself. 

@Birdofparadise8 does she know about the connection between bullying and depression? Bullying IS a valid trigger for depression. I feel like having professional supports does make it easier to see what progress you are making. My psych can see progress, even when I don't see it in myself. Small things make a huge difference.

I haven't been doing so good today, but it's okay, feelings will pass eventually, won't they? I sure hope they do. Past trauma has been haunting me today 😞

I think a little bit but not 100% sure. Yes I hope so too when I get to see a psych that will be good to process everything. 

I’m sorry your not feeling good @creative_writer sending you hugs. 

Hello @Birdofparadise8 @creative_writer @Captain24 @Shaz51 !

How's everyone going?

@Birdofparadise8 - I'm online 🙂 Yes, you HAVE made progress! I believe your progress can also be seen is that you are willing to connect with others as part of your own recovery. e.g. you phone helplines, use the GS, and connect on the forums. Would you have done this earlier on?

Probably not as much as in July when I first was diagnosed I only just started seeing a psych at the uni, and no one else knew about my depression at the time besides her and my GP. I was pretty alone and isolated. Not saying I still don't feel alone and isolated maybe just not in reality, I am not actually. 

How are you @tyme?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance