Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tw Not Coping

I’ve been on one that was increased and I was on it for 4 month but it didn’t help. This current one I’ve been on since the end of November so not that long. 

Yes I did have one but my psych and I decided it wasn’t the best for me as I just kept looking back at how bad things have been and seeing my mood decline so much @tyme. That is probably to do with the black and white thinking as would you say? 

@tymeeach to their own. I guess it depends on the person. I don't mind freezing my food.

@Birdofparadise8finding the right meds can take a while. It is very individual. One med could help someone stabilise but not help another person. Do you notice a link between your sleep and mood? I know my mood isn't stable when I feel like sleeping a lot or if I start sleeping too little.

Yes very much so if I don’t take my pill to help me sleep I have a shit night. 

I definitely do notice my mood and sleep do correlate with each other @creative_writer.

I mood diary was more to look at trends between sleep, meds and food. @Birdofparadise8 @creative_writer . 

But it doesn't work for everyone. It didn't work for me either. It was just a thought.

As @creative_writer  said, meds take a while to titrate. While it balances some aspects, it may make other parts worse. 

As for @creative_writer , I really should 'get over it' and just clear the freezer, eh?

Do either of you have anything planned for tomorrow?

Yeah it will I just hope something can help because I’m not going great with either med wise or other stuff. 

Not sure I will be having a chat with my aunt, going into town to get some stuff for Melbourne and other then that I’m not sure @tyme 

@Birdofparadise8, maybe looking at improving sleep hygiene would help too. This can involve self-care, and monitoring light exposure before bed. There is a lot of self-help info available.

@tymeI think it really depends from person to person. Circadian rhythms have a significant association with my mood, but not everybody is the same. I am light-sensitive. If I get light at the wrong time, my sleep and mood are affected. If I don't get enough light in winter, I get depressed.

Yeah I need to do that more. 

Well tonight I’m going to do my skin care routine I’ve started and then go to bed so that will be a nice way to end the night. I’ll probably have a bit of a cry before that but oh well I think I need it I’ve got some emotions to release @creative_writer @tyme 

So true @creative_writer - we certainly are all different 🙂

Sometimes I think that's a Godsend because no way would I want more than 1 'me' in this world! One is more than enough!

@Birdofparadise8 'Buy things for Melb' - don't buy too much lol, esp if you are flying! Things are probably easier to get here than anywhere in Hobart. Shops open until all hours and through the night here.

You are so lucky to have your aunt to speak to. She lives in Melb?

Yeah true but my mum wants to get some stuff I said to just get in when I get there but she wants to so I won’t stop her. 

Yeah she is great and you know what is even better is is a counselor herself so I get both hahaha. It’s a bit funny though as she does therapist me sometimes when I’m not always wanting that if you get what I mean.

Also as it’s nearly 10 I hope you have a good night and day tomorrow. May I ask when your on here next @tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance