Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Mosaic

I remember this used to happen to me. It caused a lot of anxiety when they say they will call and they end up not calling. In the beginning, I used to get upset about it, but later, I self-soothed by saying to myself - "they know best - if they choose not to call, then there's a reason for it". I didn't want to harbour anger in my heart towards them. Instead, I had to find a way to reason with myself.

I remember telling my psychologist once, "You didn't call me, because I believe you are trying to test me. You knew I was getting better and you were trying to help me stand on my own two feet?" Of course, my psychologist was so confused. He didn't know what I meant. I can still see his face when he said, "I was testing you?"....

So yeah... that's how I self soothed. I hope you can also find a way to soothe yourself. If they call, great! If they don't, what can you do to soothe yourself? @Bow 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Scared I’m gonna sh again time
Keep dissociating and doing it
Not ok tonite
Wish I could sleep

You can do this! I'm here with you.

Take a deep breath in for 4 seconds...

Hold this breath for 2 seconds....

Breathe out through your mouth slowly for 8 seconds....

Hold for 2 seconds....

Repeat this 4 times.

@Bow 

@Bow  Am so wishing your nights will be less distressing soon... 🤞 💜

Bow
Senior Contributor

Was on my way to my psychologist appointment this morning and she cancelled on me. After the weekend I had I really needed that appointment.

Im so sorry @Bow. I’m sitting with you. 

Hi @Bow,

I sorry to read that your psychologist cancelled your appointment when you were on your way to see them today. That must of been disheartening for you. Can they reschedule in the next few days? Hopefully at least they can see you soon. I hope you are okay.

Hugs, 

FloatingFeather

Bow
Senior Contributor

Far from ok today

I'm really sorry to read that you are far from okay @Bow. I can understand how difficult it can be when someone you really want to talk to cancels at the last minute. I hope you can get into see your psych again in the next day or two.

I have sent you a private email to check in with you so if you could respond when you can that would be much appreciated.

Kind wishes,

FloatingFeather  

Bow
Senior Contributor

Thanks @FloatingFeather  i have responded.

I do have an appointment booked for Wednesday with her. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance