Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: My Mosaic

Yes @NatureLover when I notice myself starting to float I am to use TIPP skills and grounding exercises. It’s exhausting though. And much easier to just let myself go. 

Yes, I remember when I used to dissociate, I learnt as a young child in an abusive family, and it's your safe place where nothing can touch you. It's a desperate need to go there. So I do understand, I think @Bow 😞

Funny, in writing this I've realised I haven't dissociated now for many years. I got enough healing through working through my trauma in therapy over many years I think. Not full healing of course, but enough.

I really hope you can too, dear @Bow 💜 It's so incredibly hard, I know 😞

I'm wondering, could you allow yourself to dissociate at night, when things are the worst? That way you wouldn't be fighting the dissociation all the time....might be a bit of relief and help you to fight it in the daytime? @Bow 

Bow
Senior Contributor

I try to fight it as much as I can during the day @NatureLover  couple of weeks ago my daughter walked in when it was happening, I don’t like her to see me when I am like that. Bad things happen when I dissociate though. There have been a number of occasions where I have SH, which has been really scary. 

@Bow wrote:

Bad things happen when I dissociate though. There have been a number of occasions where I have SH, which has been really scary. 

I'm sorry, I didn't realise @Bow  😞

Do you not realise you're SH-ing when you dissociate? 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Nope, no idea @NatureLover  when I come back I notice things. No recollection of doing it. It’s scary and doesn’t make sense. 

@Bow wrote:

Nope, no idea @NatureLover  when I come back I notice things. No recollection of doing it. It’s scary and doesn’t make sense. 

Yes, that is scary @Bow . Thanks for teaching me something today 😞

Sending hugs 💜

I hope today has been kind to you and you have been able to stay grounded today @Bow

Thinking of you 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Todays been really bad

Hugs @Bow - would you like a chat?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance