Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Japhy
New Contributor

Hard time

I'm having a really hard time right now. I am financially struggling majorly living paycheck to paycheck even while working two jobs (that I love) and I feel myself getting close to a burn out of anxiety and depression or substance relapse. 

I'm lonely, tired, sad, and scared. I don't know what to do. I see a psychologist but right now in this moment I don't know who to turn to. 

Anxiety Depression. Lonely I'm scared Burnout 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hard time

Hey @Japhy 

Firstly, welcome to the forums. I'm listening and I hear you. I hear how challenging it is living paycheck to paycheck even whilst working 2 jobs.

Have you looked into any Government supports in your state/area? I know in Victoria, we have the $250 electricity/gas payment. There are also no-gap psychologists, community events etc.

IN the meantime, I encourage you have a look around on the forums and hope you will be able to connect with others here who may be going through a similar situation. 

Your voice is heard. Are there things you enjoy which you can do to reduce the likelihood of burnout?

tyme

@Japhy 

Hey there. Maybe it time to learn something new or get a new hobby something to get you exited and motivated?

Join a club or class within a community group.

two jobs sounds very hard. 
is there any way you can cut down some costs so you can reduce your hours? Maybe pick up more hours in the job you enjoy and ditch the other?

Hi @Japhy 

I just wanted to reach out and welcome you to the forums - it’s great to have you here 😊

Oh Japhy 💜 I’m so deeply sorry to hear that you’re struggling financially and just from what you’ve described, living pay check to pay check sounds like an incredibly stressful, overwhelming and scary place to be.

In my experience, financial struggles can take such a terrible toll on our health and wellbeing and as such, I can really appreciate how concerned you're feeling in relation to the impact that this may have on your mental health and sobriety 💜

Given everything that’s happening for you, it makes so much sense that you’re wrestling with so many different emotions and as such, I can really hear how anxious, lost and alone you’re feeling at this time in your life 💜

As such, I just ever so gently wondered if when you said, ‘I don’t know who to turn to’ if you’re thinking about who you could reach out to for some emotional support in relation to your financial situation?

Early last month, one of our wonderful Community Guides Shaz51, created a thread titled ‘Helpful Tips For Financial Stress and Hardship.’ As such, they invited us to share some of the things that we’ve been doing to try and manage the challenges associated with the costs of everyday living 💜

I’ve just shared the link to this particular conversation below, just in case you would like to take a look and connect with other people who may be experiencing similar challenges to the ones that you’ve shared with us here 💜

https://saneforums.org/t5/Looking-after-ourselves/Helpful-tips-for-Financial-stress-and-hardship/m-p...

Also, just while I remember, one of the things that really helped me when I was new to the forums and still finding my way around, was that if you would like to chat with another forum member, or reply to one of their posts, place @ in front of their username just like I did at the start of my post to you i.e. @Japhy that way, they will receive a message that you have contacted them 😊

I really hope that this helps you a little bit 💜

Please know that you’re always welcome to reach out here whenever you need to 💜

Take kind and gentle care of yourself,

ShiningStar 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance