Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

@Former-Member, don't know how long at the moment. It's been about a week so far, and looking like it might be a fair bit longer. My sister and I went up to see her for a few days, am waiting to hear back from the doctor what the longer term plan is before deciding if I need to head up again by myself.

Ohhhhhhh @Smc@Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Determined@outlander@greenpea@Appleblossom 

I Lovvvvveeeee cheese Heart

and @Adge 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member  got landed with the platters as the menu on offer is pies, sausage rolls & sandwiches. I offered to do a cheese platter and was then asked to do extra. Think 3 cheeses per plate will  be adequate, five likely too many and loading up with healthy fruit & veg  Was wondering any favourite brands/flavours, almonds vs walnuts, things you don't like, a preferred dip etc.

Sadly no regional produce to showcase.

images - 2020-02-27T164516.492.jpeg

Oh yum @Former-Member I wish I was eating your platter.

Stuffed Olives

Mixed Nuts

Cheddar or Tasty Cheese

Brie cheese

Camembert cheese

Mixed dried fruit

Hommus dip or Cream cheese dip

Rice crackers or Savoury biscuits (to go with it).

Oh, if we really have to be Healthy - then Cellery Sticks & Carrots, to go with the Dips.

Adge

Me too @Shaz51 Love Cheese.

I mostly just get Cheddar, because the special cheeses are too expensive (not affordable) for me.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc  when do you expect to hear from your mum's doc?

@Former-Member @Adge 

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated 😁 Confirmation that blue cheese is to be avoided. 

ohhhhh @Former-Member , @Adge 

cheeseeeeee , Yummmmmm , and i have none in the house xx

@Former-Member, have just found out that the doctor has been trying to get me all afternoon, but the mobile is turned off (poor reception here) and somehow the home phone number that I gave them this morning was mislaid. Eventually they got our home number from my sister, so I guess tonight or tomorrow. Smiley Frustrated

@Adge, I look out for when the expensive cheeses are marked down really cheap at the supermarkets. A lot of the gourmet ones taste their best just before the use by date anyway. 🙂 This means I've developed a taste for the usually-super-expensive ones like Fromager D'Affinois... which is sort of a super-brie. Really strong and creamy at the same time.

20003700000.0.jpg

Yep @Former-Member I'm not a big fan of Blue Vein Cheese - although I will eat it if none other is available.

Surprisingly, my Grandmother really liked Blue cheese (when in her 90's) - I've always been impressed by that.

Thanks for your Tips & Reminders @Smc Yes I need to be more aware of, & make use of Specials.

Especially for Special & expensive Cheeses....

Brie & Camembert are favourites of mine.

Adge

Yes Yumm cheese @Shaz51

I always have cheese in my fridge, it's a Staple food item at my place.

It's just plain Tasty or Matured cheese, nothing really fancy.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance