Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Good Morning!

Ha ha @greenpea ... Rita Hayworth indeed. 🤣 Actually Rita's natural hair colour was black.  She dyed her hair red.  Mine is natural.  Was a flaming redhead when young, always got carrot top, firecracker, as a kid at school.  But by the time I was mid 20's it softened somewhat into quite a pretty deep auburn/red colour.  Now that I'm 60 its more a goldy/silver colour.  Kept it natural all the time.  Unfortunately I also have the pale porcellan skin colour and sprinklings of freckles across the nose and cheeks.  Though the freckles are not so noticable these days unless I go out in the sun and get burnt.

I am so glad to hear that you are starting to feel better.  Its true that winter can be a tough time for many people. 

My Mum remained in hospital until today.  Miraculously a respite bed became available for a short time, and I managed to convince her to take it.  She has transferred from the hospital to a respite room in a nursing home this afternoon.  She will hopefully continue to get a little stronger and her skin will have a chance to heal before they allow her to go home.  At least the home care services are in place to assist her daily once she does go home.  She needs that.  My Dad is now coping better.  I spent the week getting him confident in administering his own meds from the webster packs and meals are now being delivered to him daily.  So all good there.

Just a quick visit for now as I have not been on line much at all over the past 2 days.  Been so hectic traveling all day yesterday, trying to catch up on everything at home, then taking and making a dozen calls at once this morning to get this respite bed secured and mum prepared to take it.  Such a draining day.

Back when I can.  Hi everyone else ... @Gazza75 @TAB @Meowmy @Ant7 @Shaz51 @BlueBay @outlander and others.

Sherry 😵

big hugs @Former-Member  HeartHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh wow @greenpea  ... your son's 26th birthday.  Happy birthday to 'son of greenpea'.  🎂🎁

I hope you enjoyed your walk this morning.  It was wet where I am this morning and during the day too. But no heavy frosts which I had been getting while visiting family.  We were getting -5 some days.  I'm really not used to that these days, after 10 years away.  I kinda miss those frosts though.  🥶

Sherry 

@Gazza75 I find it hard to look after myself altogether and struggles with keeping an eye on eighty year old mum and household. I think it is a lot you do, keep an eye on parents and nephews and look after yourself. You are doing really well. Working, exercising, going to farm and look after family. Most people will find it hard to do all that, let alone had MI. Take care. You are doing good.

gosh your parents are lucky theyve got you @Former-Member 

@TAB I hope you do too, tabby cat. I hope all your aches go away as well. I find my aches better with my walking. Just got home. Will do some acupressure. Anxiety came back a little, but thought of you people that I walk with, it got eased off again. Thanks . Take care.

yeah Ive fallen in hole since walking thats me for the day @Meowmy  well done re anxiety

@Former-Member Have a good evening.

@TAB  just done acupressure and doing ball on stick. Hope you are warm at your place tonight. Got left over for dinner tonight. Hope you have something nice to eat tonight. Take care.

@greenpea  hello beautiful pea, had coffe with imaginary you today while walking.how are you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance