Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

utopia
Senior Contributor

Re: Baby news

@BlueBay. So tiny. Glad you got to eexperience it with your daughter.
Now please don't make me do the math. I couldn't cope with that today.
When is our little forum baby due?
♥♥

Oops @utopia I forgot to mention the important bit - due date 28 October, give or take a week or so.

utopia
Senior Contributor

Wonderful. A little Scorpio for your family @BlueBay. I'm very happy for you.
Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170220_165354.png

Congratulations to mum-to-be, and dad, and grandmother (BlueBay), grandpa, uncles, aunts etc... and of cause your forum family, walking with you. Love Babies 🙂 

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

OMG @Former-Member
So love this photo. It's amazing isn't it? I love babies too. I remember from when I was about 12 yrs old all I wanted was to have a baby and be a mum.

Hi @Former-Member@utopia@Owlunar@Shaz51@Former-Member@Zoe7@Former-Member

Guess what I found today? - 2 blankets and 1 bunny rug from when i had my children.  Still all in good condition.  I have just put them in a bucket and soaking them with napisan.  I am so glad i kept them.  I showed my daughter and she was rapt - one is yellow with different colour bunnies and one blanket is blue and the other is pink.

My knitted blanket is going okay.  I know a few ladies in the town that if i ask them they will be happy to knit some baby cardigans for me.  I can do the booties and beanies.

My daughter is finally getting over her cold.  she went back to work today after having most of last week off.  she is now starting to feel nauseous and can't stand coffee, chocolate or chicken or steak.  But one thing that she used to hate she now loves - mushrooms!!!  Isn't it amazing how our taste buds change.

She has a doctor's appt this monday and asked me today if i would go with her. Of course i said yes and then we are going to sort out her private health insurance.  She won't be covered as she is pregnant before the waiting period.  So she will book a public hospital as she has no other option.

she is being really good with what food she can and can't eat.  apparently no processed foods, meats, not many cheeses. she has a list from the doctor.  I don't remember these lists of foods. How things have changed. 🙂

utopia
Senior Contributor

@BlueBay. Yes I remember the food lists. I really missed eating Salami &amp; my best friend missed eating a number of cheeses. <br>The other thing to be aware of is cats. As cats can transfer one of their diseases to mum and bub. I think it was called Toxoplasmosis or similar. But you better check the name.<br>I planned on keeping quite a few of my sons baby things. I wanted to keep his favorite outfit from each year. I think he was 2 &amp; 1/2 years old when the big tsunami hit. So we donated most of his baby and toddler clothes &amp; my old and new saris to Sri Lanka. But I did keep - 1 cardigan that my Gran bought for him (she could no longer knit by that stage). &amp; a cardigan I knitted for him when he was one. And a blue knitted blanket and a red blanket that my friends bought for him. I still have them. I'll never part from them.<br>I'm also lucky to have an old brown knitted - fuzzy haired (not allowed to use its proper name) doll that my Gran knitted for us kids when we were little. That is a treasure I keep.<br>How wonderful that you kept these things and your daughter and her baby will get to use them. These items are priceless and far more special than anything bought from the shops.<br>♥♥♥♥♥

Aw fantastic @Former-Member

Something mm small can have all that development in 7 weeks - oh my - that is a miracle - a miracle we don't always thinks of -

I feel kinda humble - I'm gunna be a Forum Aunty

Aunty Dec

I don't remember there being food I couldn't eat when pregnant either @BlueBay - but I didn't get any morning sickness and neither did dd -

But back then processed food was not around - but I do remember taking folates - now I know why

What I did have a lot of was rasperry floats - that's raspberry lemonade with icecream - and the baby was a strawberry blond - I think it was all those red drinks

This is such a fun thread

Aunty Dec

I looked up Toxoplamosis @BlueBay and @utopia

It can be picked up from cat litter so Bay - your daughter shouldn't clean up after your cat - thanks for that Utopia

And the processed food - it can be present in that as well - oh man! - the things we ate without knowing about this - how did we survive? It can also be in meat that is not well cooked - but I am sure most of us eat food that is properly cooked

I just thought I would exercise my brain a little and find this out - nothing to stress about - we all need to be careful when pregnant - so I am passing the trivia along

Aunty Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance