Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Baby news

Hi @utopia@Zoe7@Faith-and-Hope@Owlunar@NikNik@Former-Member@Shaz51@Former-Member@Former-Member@Former-Member @CherryBomband anyone else I have forgotten 🙂

Thought it was time to start a new thread.  I didn't want to keep writing about my daughter and her pregnancy and anyone else's baby news on my post 'not feeling good', just didn't sound right.

So this morning i am feeling excited and eager to see this ultrasound of my daughter's baby.  I hope everything is okay with the baby.  Does everyone remember having to drink a litre of water and NOT go to the toilet until after the ultrasound?  My daughter thinks it's ridiculous 🙂 LOL

Anyway I will let you all know how it goes once I come back.  We have a few things to do this morning for her so I will go with her. 

Oh, by the way i have started knitting a baby blanket for the top of the pram.  Very colourful, i am mixing all wool that i have.  it's looking really nice.  Once i am finished i will show you a picture.

Chat again soon,

Very excited nonna (grandma in Italian) 🙂

174 REPLIES 174
Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Re: Baby news

HI @BlueBay

This is a good thread to start - after all - I am sure everyone wants to follow the news of the new baby

What an exciting day - seeing the new baby on an ultrasound - something that didn't happen in my day - we just had to wait and see

Yes - for an abdominal ultrasound it is necessary to drink a lot of water and hold it in - the ultrasound bounces off the full bladder for a good picture - I had to have these for ovarian cysts

I was having one of these and my bladder was bursting and the technican - a lovely lady - asked if I could let some off - and I did - and then delicately asked me if I had a uterus - ah - didn't think of that - no - I didn't

Anyway - it is necessary to drink that water and hold it and I don't know how that will work out with a baby inside adding extra pressure

How great you are going with your daughter - how great this can happen

Best of luck today -

Dec

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Baby News

HI @BlueBay

This is a good thread to start - after all - I am sure everyone wants to follow the news of the new baby

What an exciting day - seeing the new baby on an ultrasound - something that didn't happen in my day - we just had to wait and see

Yes - for an abdominal ultrasound it is necessary to drink a lot of water and hold it in - the ultrasound bounces off the full bladder for a good picture - I had to have these for ovarian cysts

I was having one of these and my bladder was bursting and the technican - a lovely lady - asked if I could let some off - and I did - and then delicately asked me if I had a uterus - ah - didn't think of that - no - I didn't

Anyway - it is necessary to drink that water and hold it and I don't know how that will work out with a baby inside adding extra pressure

How great you are going with your daughter - how great this can happen

Best of luck today -

Dec

@BlueBay This is a really positive thread for you and for others. So nice to hear the excitement and joy in your words. 

Hope everything goes well with the ultrasound this morning and I can't wait to see this multi coloured blanket when you finish it Smiley Happy

Hugs and love to you all

Zoe Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170220_104056.png

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @BlueBay

congratulations in advance. exciting times.

my sons have a nonna and late nonno, zia & zio's . my ex was italian

looking forward to more news and pictures - knitting a blanket!! you are a talented lady. will help you as well. i started knitting scarves at one stage that is all i can knit. cant follow complicated patterns. found it very relaxing

xxxxxxx

utopia
Senior Contributor

@BlueBay. Perfect thread.
Yes I remember drinking a litre of water & then trying not to pee as they pressed on my bladder. Lol.
Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes.

What a wonderful thread to start @BlueBay HeartHeart

can`t wait to see the [hoto of the baby blanket xoxo

Hi @Shaz51@utopia@Former-Member@Former-Member@Zoe7

@Former-Member what a beautiful picture, love it 🙂

So we went for the ultrasound and things are perfect, healthy 7 weeks pregnant.!!!!

The baby (feutus) is only 4mm but we saw the heartbeat, it was beating so fast.

I think now my daughter and her boyfriend are relieved that things are all good.

Had lunch together today and then sorted out medicare card for her.

now home and going to do some knitting.

4 mm @BlueBay

I can imagine this tiny little heart - how big would that be? beating away like a inchy little hammer inside the tiny little person

Aw - that is so cute and exciting - I am sitting here and thinking 4 mm - and how much developing and growing it has to do yet - wow - it won't be a secret for long

All this adventure in front of you - and you thought things wouldn't change - well - they have

Ah - my 4 mm is 44 years now with a birthday in a couple of weeks - time flies

It sure does

How exciting - I think I am starting to repeat myself

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance