Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Hi @TAB, @PeppiPatty, @Decadian, @Appleblossom, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Faith-and-Hope, @Anony18

great ideas, i live in a very small rural town

they do have groups but are usually when we are working xx

what has got me , the friends that i once had came to the house once when we got married and have never came back since

they write on facebook, we have to get  together for a cuppa and never do !!! when i start talking to one on the phone , the so called friend on the other end starts yawning

That's so rude of them @Shaz51 .... wishing better friends for you .... ❣ ... and y'have us all here .... 

So glad you have decent customers who give you some company.   

If there is a coffee shop you can walk to in town, the staff might become friendly to you as a "regular" ... while it's not deep friendship, it's nice to be acknowledged and know there is someone to chat to casually.

💐💗💕

..well, maybe they were tired, unless it happens often ..do you ring them or do they ring you? yeah not so simple small town, but try some new faces? you might be surprised. People stay 'friends' for all sorts of reasons @Shaz51

Hello @Faith-and-Hope xoxo

and y'have us all here .... -- oh yesssss , I love it here with you all xx

Yea @TAB, I ring them , but I don`t bother now

there is a  few coffee shops and we all know each other xx, sometimes you don`t know when they are open or closed

glad you have decent customers who give you some company. ha ha yea a couple of the customers I used to look after their children and some we have worked for 7 years xx

..been there re people who dont call or answer etc, just have to let them go @Shaz51 well be brave and try the coffee shop and if its open good and if not, you got a walk Smiley Happy re opening hours or maybe you could find out when you go thereSmiley Happy

Yes, this is a good idea @Faith-and-Hope

Visiting the same cafe is always nice........

Hello all my wonderful friends xx

this will  take me back to my first post

because I will start doing these things but something eveytime always happens to mess it up xx

Dear @Shaz51

Sorry, I need to have a snooze.....

But the plus is that you are very positive like me.

The negatives is that the changes need to come from him. 

When I get nervous or anything I go really quiet and not say anything. 

My husband decided to stop eating sugar all by himself because his weight is out of control from meds and quitting smoking. 

My husband used to drink 4 fizzy drinks per day, you know those Mother fizzy drinks. He now has 2 to 4 per day but with no sugar. He has a long way to go but from when he used to eat and drink he has come a long way. 

Dont worry about him sitting down and not wanting to go anywhere. I think that it might be harder on him if he thinks that you are worrying about him. 

Can you do something like ...

.watch a dvd 

make a terrarium ?

first research and then make the terrarium ?

do some drawing.....

sew ?

PeppiPatty

nice dress.jpg

I know why you are my special friend @PeppiPatty xoxoxo

But the plus is that you are very positive like me.-- yes we are xx

love you all  xx

Hi @Shaz51. Sorry hear about those friends. But as @Faith-and-Hope said you have us on this forum. Hope that gives you some comfort 😊 She has a great tip about walking into a coffee shop. I been to many places around world and so far i have found the friendliest people are here in Australia! Canada does come close. I talk to random people on the lift to work sometimes. You may not get that deep bond but it is nice sometimes to talk to someone. Just some light discussion!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance