Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Hugs @Maggie. It isn't easy to be doing the best you can โค

Our days are not very busy anymore, or maybe they're busy in a different way for me. No school work for the crew at the moment, except for Big who has some homework. There will be a bit of helping keep them entertained and playing with them. Two and I decorated the driveway and the footpath and made it pop with colour over the weekend ๐Ÿ˜Š It was fun watching people walk by (until the rain washed it all off). I'll hopefully be doing more of my gig soon once we sort out some working from home teething issues.

Yay for cleaning helping lady still coming. That's great for you and her. I have a gardener coming today. It'll be the first time I've used that support through the NDIS. I have let it slip and could really use the help so my support coordinator found someone who could really use the job at the moment.

Lol with keeping distance not being a problem for you. In lots of ways this bonkers time works well for me. The whole not leaving the house, getting to be in my pjs, not seeing people face to face thing... ๐Ÿ˜† Half kidding ๐Ÿ˜‰

Any plans for you today, aside from cleaning?

@CheerBear  Yea for the gardener. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ You really need that help. Itโ€™s tough trying to keep inside and outside tidy. Iโ€™ve never managed to be honest, itโ€™s one or the other. Searching for my kitchen again, hoping itโ€™s visible before cleaning help arrives. Motivation is broken.

I love the sound of the driveway decorations. I guess you saw some smiles before it was washed away. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I understand the half kidding @CheerBear . I said to counsellor of Friday that my life was much the same. Just a hiccup of not going if I choose to go somewhere, which I wouldnโ€™t, especially supermarket. 

I have a paver that im playing with tiles on. Painting some stones. I might spend time tree freeing if the rain holds off.

That's so much it with me too @Maggie. It's a one-or-the-other thing. With me being sick like I was then extra gig work, now kids home - I couldn't do it. Like you, accepting that help is hard. What made it OK enough for me to say yes to was knowing the job will go to someone who really needs the work.

I thought of you with the driveway decos. I wish I could share them as I think they'd make you smile, but we went so big and bold that it caught lots of eyes on our busy road. We did coloured geometric shapes in the driveway which made it go big pop, then a trail on the footpath with a 'start here' and instructions like spin, jump, touch your toes etc, all with drawings and colour. Super cool ๐Ÿ™‚

Oooh, is it a new paver? Yay for stones too! The letters of yours I saw the other day are awesome. The dots are so perfectly placed they look like a machine has done them!

We've been baking. It got that bad here ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚

Baking is seriously bad @CheerBear ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I havenโ€™t reached that stage yet. I might if others were living with me. I hope they tast good.

I have some littles inside who would love to help with outside decorations. I might blow some bubbles today, they love that. Counsellor brought a super book. Small reading, then push a button and music. Fabulous. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Yes itโ€™s another paver. Sigh. I think the main problem is I donโ€™t have enough paving stuff. Itโ€™s expensive. But I have some China to break, so I could play with that. Any excuse to break China for no apparent reason.

Thanks for the letter likes. I got them at the secondhand shop. They were white and ugly. They sell well. But fundraiser will be off now.

Iโ€™ve been looking at inks. Flaming and others. Really easy and affective. 

They made delicious choc chip cookies the other day @Maggie ๐Ÿ™‚ We have a game on the Nintendo called Overcooked (one I think @TheVorticon might know maybe ๐Ÿ‘‹). It's super face paced and you have to work together to make orders so one might chop things, one cooks, one assembles etc. It's absolutely bonkers to play, with everyone shouting and me shouting to stop the shouting ๐Ÿ˜‘. It often ends in rage quitting and reminds me of our real life kitchen haha :face_with_rolling_eyes:๐Ÿ˜† Fun huh?!

Oooh bubbles are so good and books ๐Ÿ˜Šโค I think my littles would enjoy playing with yours and working on mega chalk drawings together.

Tile stuff is expensive which makes it tricky as mistakes are costly though mistakes are also how we learn ๐Ÿ˜ I had giggle at any excuse to break china. That's the most appealing part for me! Would love to see some pics as you go, if you feel like sharing.

I was wondering about the fundraiser. Gosh there's so much that's been hit ๐Ÿ™

What would you do with ink? Just thinking of ink is fun!

With inks you can do tiles, glass, and a special kind of paper. @CheerBear . Some put in on in dots and watch it spread and change. Others use a flame with amazing results. I will try some eventually. 

The game sound bonkers and noisy and fun.  @TheVorticon  would fit in well I think. ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹ Your kids are very lucky @CheerBear . You are a great mum.

Yes @CheerBear  I took to the breaking of China a little too well I think. Hammer and all. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Alway blame the paver. !!!!

Iโ€™m heading to the shower, then itโ€™s time  to search for a kitchen that keeps disappearing.

I hope there is lots of colour in your day. โค๏ธโค๏ธ

@Snowie @Former-Member @eth @Faith-and-Hope @outlander @TheVorticon  ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹ and anyone else. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Ooooh inks do sound fun @Maggie. Especially mixed with fire ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ‘And hammers and china. You have great hobbies ๐Ÿ˜†

I hope your shower feels good. Time for me to watch some news for a little while. I am really hoping to hear from our Premier this morning. He usually speaks in a way that doesn't make me want to throw things at the TV ๐Ÿ˜‰

So good to see you this morning โค Definitely started my day on a good note.

I'll leave a cuppa here for anyone who might come by too. @eth, @TheVorticon (you can be a virtual coffee drinker yeah?), @Former-Member (you're in my thoughts), @Snowie (how are you and yours going with the restrictions?), @outlander and all โคโคโคโ˜•โ˜•โ˜•

Good morning @Maggie @CheerBear @Snowie @Former-Member   hope today is starting gently.

Maggie and CheerBear you might be able to use this :

https://thinkwritten.com/writing-prompts-for-kids/?fbclid=IwAR2GMYRd0qyf5HIU7lBLuBZFVibZ7DfJXVcK5uNiNI5HQxGRPH6jFVNk6QQ

It's 300 writing prompts for kids - or could be used for story telling for littles who can't write yet.  I'll be using it myself just to get myself writing anything regularly - I guess there's a kid in all of us somewhere.  

Cool link, thanks @eth. I was saying yesterday (in relation to our chalk drawings) that I believe there's a kid in all of us ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope your day has started well โค

Not really @CheerBear   Doing my best to remain focussed on the positive despite what I just posted about on A long rave   Taking a break shortly to try and shift my mood.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance