Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

Leaving these for you @Former-Member Heart Thinking of you 💛🧡💚💙💜

Image result for peonies

05.jpg@Former-Member 

@Former-Member Not too much longer until you will be returning home. Hope it is going as okaym for you as it can be. No doubt it is emotionally draining for you - I hope the help that you expected eventuated and you havent been doing it all alone. Very much thinking of you Hon Heart

ps - my boys had a magnificent win over Geelong today - surprised me a lot but gives me hope tht we can match it with the best and find a way to win ...anything seems possible this year now Smiley Very Happy

@Former-Member  Dropping off a cup of tea, a quiet sit, maybe listen to the birds and catch a few stars later. 💜💕EB82CF56-71FA-4891-9D2A-EA8585946711.jpeg

I'm sorry everyone for not responding in so long to your posts here.  I missed a lot of posts while I was away last month with my Dad, and just never got around to finding my way back here upon my return.

But thank you all of you for your lovely posts.  I did manage to read the email notifications while I was away and found a decent wifi connection, but just couldnt log into the Sane site for some reason.  Now lets see ... I dont want to miss anyone who posted to me, or who I have yet to respond to.  @greenpea @Maggie @BlueBay @Gazza75 @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Former-Member @Peri @Starta @mudsum @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom @eth @Owlunar @Former-Member 

I have put off writing this update until now, but its probably time I got this off my chest.  It may even help?  Plus it may help you understand why I have been a little quiet lately, and struggling to find words at times.  

Fact is, I feel  pretty disgusted with myself right now.  Why is it that when the anxiety from PTSD hounds me ... I either cant eat or dont want to eat. But when the depressive episodes hit, I literally gorge on garbage. Right now, for obvious reasons I suppose, I have lapsed into depression.  Pretty deep, and I fail to see any light at the end of this sh*** narrow tunnel.  I'm doing stupid things (and sometimes risky things too).  When I'm on my own, I'll grab a full tub of icecream and down the lot in one go. Or a large block of chocolate. More than enough to inevitably make me sick. Every time I do this, I get more and more down on myself, more and more depressed about it all. Pretty pathetic aye? I really hope I'm not adding an ED to my list of ailments. Would this be considered self harm, or simply comfort eating?  I'm not sure.  I havent yet learned to handle the PTSD, OCD, Anxiety and Depression I've already got, much less deal with more MI diagnoses. Of course the yoyo'ing weight is not great for anyone either. I'm on the thin side, but that wont last long at the rate I'm going with this comfort eating. 

I'm constantly catching myself absent-mindedly gnawing on my lip, my inside cheek, or grinding my teeth together until they hurt. My lips are bitten, raw and sore.  I managed to grind a piece of tooth off one of my front bottom teeth the other day, from the constant grinding.  No major damage and no nerve exposed, but still not good. But it was kind of rough on my tongue, so I grabbed a metal nail file and ground it back to make it smoother.  I guess I should see a dentist? Anyway, now that that particular tooth is slightly lower than the other, I notice every time I grind my teeth. At least its even, just looks like a slightly shorter tooth, and not overly noticeable.  The think is, I never realised how much or how often I grind my teeth before. Its not just nighttime, its all day long! Clearly its something I've been doing for a long time to wear the top off that tooth, though it likely its been a bit worse of late.

And (unusually, given that the anxiety has not increased lately) the OCD stuff has also become worse.  Once again I'm being kept awake at night counting stuff, making patterns with numbers and objects. watching the digital bedside clock and forcing myself to make up suitable numbers with the time on the clock every time I open my eyes to look at it. And if the numbers arent right then I'm gambling or bargaining with peoples lives.  What the hell is wrong with me?  Am I really that horrible a person?  I sooooooo dont like me.  How I wish I could just flick a switch and shut myself down.

Sherry

CD06123B-6C7F-4636-BADA-B6C486AAD371.jpeg

Maybe just let us like you for now @Former-Member ..... and rest a little on that ..... if it’s okay.  Hearing you with lots of big feelings for you .....

You are not a horrible person at all @Former-Member You are going through an incredibly hard time still Hon - it has been a very, very hard few months for you so it is no wonder at all that you are trying to find ways to self-soothe. Your choices may not be ideal but it is what is getting you through each day. We all have our own ways to cope and finding things that are infact 'good' for us is often hard. Do not beat yourself up about any of that - awareness of your patterns. behaviour and coping strategies is the first step. When do you see you psych again? Is she back off leave yet? 

@Former-Member, thinking of you.  You have been through the ringer lately and you have got through that narrow tunnel. Hopefully you will find a little more light and love soon. Its hard. ❤️❤️❤️

@Former-Member you are not horrible. You are incredibly strong x Sending calm vibes your way 🌲🌹🌻🌸

Hugs and hugs @Former-Member 

you’ve had a lot on your plate lately.

Pls don’t be hard on yourself. 

You are such a beautiful person 

always love chatting with you 

thinking of you at this difficult time 

more hugs my friend 

take care ❤️💐

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance