Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi, I am new to a forum and not sure what I am doing. But I hope today has been a good day for one and all.

I have a mental illness, love beach walking, travelling and most of all being a Nan.  Feeling very confused, angry, betrayed, worthless and very emotional to the point in late August wanting to take my life. This is extremely hard to say this out loud and just when things were starting to settle down. I received a pretty card from my recently ex cases  manager and now those feelings are stirred up again. 
Thank you for allowing me to see that others are 'like me'  and to feel less alone.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Hi, I am new to a forum and not sure what I am doing. But I hope today has been a good day for one and all.

@Former-Member  Welcome.

I really like your name, it says a lot about you.

I’m sorry things are tough for you, well done, for saying how you feel, it’s not easy, and it’s also not easy to put yourself out there.

So many of us here understand where you are coming from, so here, you are not alone.

I’m glad you are a nan, and enjoying it. A little person, to help when Things are rough.

I too love the beach. I was walking on one last Friday, soaking in the sea breeze and magnificent view.

A forum tip. The @brings a dropdown, and is how we tag each other.

You might like to join a few other threads, but only in your own time. No rush.

Good Morning 

Good Afternoon - Afternoon Tea 

Daily goals, motivation and check in 

The safe room- somewhere to just come and sit.... offload... feel supported 

I hope to see you around.

Re: Hi, I am new to a forum and not sure what I am doing. But I hope today has been a good day for one and all.

Hi there @Former-Member

Welcome to the forum 🙂

Thank you so much for your welcome and comments Maggie.  I do try to be a positive person but it can be very difficult and exhausting to keep pushing through. I will certainly have a look at what you have recommended.

Thank you, I was going to delete everything as I struggle to open up to people and don't like to complain. But this is nice to see the word 'welcome'

@Former-Member  Yes, I agree, it’s so hard to keep pushing through with depression and anxiety.

i just thought of another thread you might enjoy.  Inspirational Quote of the Day . I often drop by there for a boost.

Good on you for reaching out aye @Former-Member

Happy to see you again 🙂

hi @Former-Member hugs my new friend,

it can be so hard sometimes to  find the strength to carry on, many of us here have found strength through our darkest times with each other. 

please explore the forums and read and interact with everyone you feel you want to, this forum has saved my life and so many others. 

sorry to hear about your pain and i hope you can find strength here. hugs

here is a song i really like, it can be based on religion but it also shows us how to not feel alone.

For king and country - God Only knows 

Thank you for the link to the song, I did start to watch it but when it got to he young girl at the bridge I couldn't take it anymore.  My mind is in a bad place at the moment.

but I do appreciate your kindness

Hi @Former-Member 

Thank you for sharing a bit about what you have been coping with. It sounds like a lot to be sitting with, I hope it is helpful to know you are not alone in this Heart

I'm sorry to hear that today is particularly tough. If you need some extra support, please feel free to reach out to Lifeline 13 11 14. You are also very welcome to reach out to the SANE Help Centre 1800 18 72 63 during the week. 

Take care,

Basil.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance