Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

birdsong
Casual Contributor

Give me some seretonin please

Hi,

I m currently  in a very low episode of depression, after an eye surgery and the interventions that go with hospitals. This seems to have created a kind of freeze in my nervous system (ptsd) and I have closed down my life again for a few months. I got myself to counsellors a couple of times but that made it worse...as the questioning felt like an interogation. My question is about antidepressant medication which Ive been on for over 10yrs.

I recently changed to  a newer ssri 10mg but need to up the dose. When I raised the dose to 15mg I had too much excess energy and couldnt stop moving and talking. Not good for me. Please dont tell me to talk to my dr because I dont really have a dr that I discuss things with. I just want people with experience of finding good balances with anti deps. I have ptsd and am very shut down if I dont get some seretonin happening in me. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Give me some seretonin please

Commiserations @birdsong a few years back I had several rounds of eye surgery and it was really tough. I was depressed and bordering on psychotic at times but got through it. I've been on various antideps but these days getting a few endorphins from exercise and boosting/levelling my metabolism through dietary choices. That might help you bridge the gap between your 10 and 15 mg doses. 

Thanks Dimity

Thanks for your reply. I kind of need to get my medication sorted first cos I cant think straight enough to get myself to excersize. But yes soon.

Hi @birdsong 

Is there any chance you could go up to 12.5mg of your antidepressant instead of 15mg or does it only come in 10mg and 15mg? If you have a 5mg tablet, could you cut it in half and add it to your 10mg tablet. Of course, there are many tablets that you can’t cut in half and that would be dangerous. Just trying to think outside the square.

Hope you work it out.

Actually, @birdsong scrap my advice. It’s not my place to give advice on medication. 

I really hope you sort it out though.

Hi @Jade30 & @birdsong 

Yes good clarifying Jade30 on not being able to give advice on medication. Can be quite a risky topic and best left to the prescribers - definitely check with who prescribed your medication Birdsong to make sure its safe before you do anything.

Happy new year 💜

Zahlia 

(mod)

Thanks Jade for having a go at supporting me. Its a funny thing cos Doctors dont really know how the drugs feel in my unique body mind ... but I realize its not appropriate for others to make medical recommendations also.

Oh dear... 

Somehow I feel better just being replied to anyway. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance