Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Fragile

Thanks @Shaz51 

@tonys I hope you find a place to feel at home. Finding where we fit is often a journey. I love your style and do others on the forum.  

@Dimity I am feeling blessed with moving forward socially at the moment with people from my past and new friends.  Also a little anxious, but learning to laugh more and more.

@Sophia1 Sorry it was not the right timing or Video for you. Sending Heartfelt thoughts of warmth and support for you and your son. I really value your opinion and friendship.  Do whatever you need.

tonys
Senior Contributor

@Appleblossom   hello there.....   Yes life is a constant search for some.   A spoon full of pragmatism  and self preservation.   I  feel sometimes that I should warn people  that  my stories are just that..   stories...    They are past ,  present,  and true,  but  they are just stories.

Because steam leaves me,  Its never intended to scold the observer.    

The smart ones tune out  and I cant save the world...  I  hope a rekindling,  brings back  a new understanding ,  for you and your friend.

Friendship is like gardening is it not.  . .   seeds are only as good  as the love fed to them.   Weeds  sap our strength and time,      and each  plant has a place. . .  somewhere..

Very best to you and yours..               tonys moon base one   

I invited you to this thread @tonys  cos I like your style and stories. 

Words can be powerful and feed us in many ways.

Never had a garden when I met that girl, we were surrounded by a lot of concrete, but now we both have a house and garden.  Hers is big and mine is small, but plenty for me, and I have extra gardens.  I do expect my plants to be robust, and have even scolded them, saying we had to survive in this country, now you survive. lol I learn a lot by gardening and keep persevering but its not a fancy garden.  Keeps me down to earth and from airily floating off into space ....

@Appleblossom 

Receiving your "heartfelt thoughts of warmth and support"

graciously

You never need to apologise to me..

I again reassure you that I recognise and embrace our differences...

This is what has shaped  our friendship..

I have not watched the video and cannot comment on the contents @tonys 

I was not referring to the video in writing to you elsewhere.

I was referring to your words..

I have enjoyed immensely our interractions that are more of a lighthearted nature..

I want only to respect each and everyone reading here..

I feel that there is ease and content between you @tonys  and others here and that brings me some peace..

Valuing my opinions and friendship is reassuring to read @Appleblossom 

leaving a trail of friendship and kindness only...no judgement.

Sophia1

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Appleblossom thanks for posting this video.

It was very insightful. I liked the definitions around emotional contagion, empathy and compassion. It was also really useful in defining boundaries.

I work in the helping professions and will be useful to take into my workplace 

Thank-you for your share 💗.

tonys
Senior Contributor

@Appleblossom  hello there appleblossom.    Yes the gardens both small and large and the friendship built around them.   Survival in the harsh reality of man made concrete monoliths.

You wrote your letter and i saw your poem.   There it is. . the different light we cast on the world again,  hey.

I  love gardens , . .  I  like concrete. . .  shapes  n shadows,. .   giant fob watches, as their shadows pass the time of day...  and I do enjoy  floating airily of into space too.

But when we need solid ground to stand on ,  I know I'm not the only one that comes running to your door.

I envy your maturity. . .  while  me, . .  its still the endless search that is the juice for me.

What would we do with out you...     Your an oak . .     tonys moon base one

Thanks mate @tonys I like being an oak.

shutterstock_1013112658-3074751101.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAafVviGxhk 

Love this youtube.  Says so much that is relevant to me, including about that pesky emotional contagion issue.  Puts music and emotions in context.  Feelings are not just feelings; eg., they can be responses and due to goals.

@Former-Member @Dimity @Shaz51 @Eve7 @Snowie @Historylover 

Sophia1 Always want to include you, but conscious of your commitments offline.

Thank you @Appleblossom 

Does feel nice to be included even though I am not on here every day...

Let's me know that I am still thought of...

A sensitive soul I am..

Keep on enjoying your new times with friends...

love

Sophia1

Dimity
Senior Contributor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance