Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Feels like I am suffocating!!!

Hey @Scarecrowe time off sounds awesome. Great idea, it sounds like work has been pretty full on for you lately so I think it's very sensible to take your stress down a notch. Are you planning on doing anything next week or just relaxing?

I'm off on a bar tour today which should be fun. It's a Meetup with new people so I'll see what they're like. Melbourne's hidden laneways & hidden little bars are one of my fave things about the CBD so I think I'll enjoy it. I gotta work SUnday so just going to take it easy today.

I've just started trialling some supplements (Vit-B and such) which research has shown to help schizophrenia sufferers as an adjunct to anti-psychotics. I'm hopeful something will help. I started a new one yesterday before work, it's supposed to help with stress & sleep...well, I was in quite a state at work!!! Kinda zombie-like, tired body but still with a racy mind. It wasn't ideal but I got thru my shift ok!!

Are you feeling any better since starting this thread or still feeling suffocated? Hope you're ok today & enjoying some good TV! I'm enjoying Orange is the New Black on DVD and Community on ABC2.

I am glad you got my reply @BryanaCamp .  Your bar tour today sounds really cool!!!  And you are right about all the little hidden laneways etc.  Unless you go really looking you would never know that they were there.   Hope you enjoy it!!!!

Yeah work has been very full on.............the sad thing is it is only going to get worse as the silly season starts next month........................really not a fan of Christmas!!!!  Hopefully I will win Tatts whilst on holidays then I won't have to return to work lol.......wishful thinking!!!  I am feeling better since my initial thread.  But it is only because I am not at work.....Monday week after my shift I will probably be back to feeling like that again.......

No I am not planning anything next week, just relaxing.  Do some reading and enjoy the peace and quiet.  This weekend is huge though.............I am a lover of watching sports on TV (not all sports thought) but this weekend is massive.  Motor racing at Bathurst.  Myself and a number of my 'Bathurst Boys' as I call them are getting ready for a  huge day this arvo and all day tomorrow.  We regard this as our Christmas as we enjoy it far better lol.  It happens at my place as I don't have wives and children around to annoy and interrupt us lol.  This is my favourite weekend of the year!!!  As you can tell I am very excited.

Don't work too hard tomorrow.  Not good you felt like a zombie at work after taking those supplements.   Nothing worse mate than being like that at work............been there done that a number of times..............I am so glad you made it through your shift.  Makes your shift seem twice as long when you are feeling off.  

Hope tomorrow is far better for you.

Take care and keep smiling

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey @Scarecrowe oh wow this is such an an exciting time of year for you! I'm really happy for you. Hope you have a total blast with your Bathurst mates this weekend. You've certainly earned it after so much hard work. That's nice of you to host.

I'm hopless with sports but do like the idea of hanging on the couch in my trackies, sinking a few cold ones. If you haven't met already, I want to introduce you to my friend @Gazza75 who is a sports nut & enjoys watching sports on TV on the weekend too. 

I'm so glad you're feeling better - you sound resilient & able to bounce back once the stress is removed which is a big strength. Try not to to think about work, just enjoy your rest time. Let your body & mind recover.And yeah, good luck with tats, fingers crossed for you.

The hidden laneway tour was really fun, my fav bar was this 1920's, basement jazz bar where the bartenders mix tailor-made cocktails for you based on your emotions & flavours! pretty cool. I had a Musaka Sour, their twist on NY sour, it was delicious with heaps of egg-white foam. The girls were lovely, we exchanged ph numbers so may catch up in future, so that's good.

bye for now revhead!Smiley Happy

Hiya @BryanaCamp 

Your day yesterday sounded like so much fun.  Glad you made some new friends.  Hopefully you will all catch up again real soon.    That 1920's jazz bar sounds awesome!!!!   What a find for you all. And those cocktails sound extremely interesting lol.   It sounded like the day was right up your alley and a lovely way to relax (and explore lol).

Well I am exhausted as it has been a long day but we had fun and Ford won so I am extremely happy.  

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey @Scarecrowe Cat Happy Hope your cruising along happily in your time off.

Why Scarecrowe? It can't be from the Wizard of Oz 'cos you're very bright & certainly don't need a brain.

Don't want to harsh your holiday vibe but just wanted to check in, how's your anxiety going? 

I've got a day off today, yay!! Seeing my GP & hoping to change my anti-psychotic & get a supplement plan in place as I've got a few deficiencies. Other than that making chilli & just relaxing.

So I grow locally endangered wild-flowers for a bushland revegetation site. Wanna see my babies?

Enjoy your sport, sport Smiley LOLHeart

Hiya @BryanaCamp 

I am cruising along happily on my week off.   Everyday doing odd jobs around the place and then just relax either by reading, playing computer games, watching dvd's etc.  A bit of snoozing on the couch doesn't go astray either lol.

I hope you enjoy your day off too and that all goes well at the GP and you get the meds that you want.  I also hope you are doing well too!!!

My anxiety levels are good right now as I have not left the house since Thursday.  But I do have to go out tomorrow to run a few errands so I am not looking forward to that.  I will be as quick as I can.  Hate leaving the house, just rather be here at home.  But I can't stay here all day every day sadly.  Thanks for asking how I'm going xxxxxx

Why Scarecrowe you ask?????  And you are correct it is not from the wizard of Oz (and thanks for the compliment lol).  It is really left field actually.................In the 80's there was a TV show called Scarecrow and Mrs King................loved that show and that is where it comes from.........and then for my own little personal touch I add the 'e' on the end like you spell Russell Crowe and his cricket cousins Jeff and Martin Crowe.

Not a very excitig story but there it is all the same lol.

I would love to see your babies.  What a fantastic thing you are doing growing endangered wild flowers...............good for you!!!!!

OMG @Scarecrowe Scarecrow & Mrs King, I remember that show, love it! Mrs King is so cool, so petite & pretty then this husky voice & tomboy thang going on. And Scarecrow is smoking hot! So you're an 80's kid too.

So is your anxiety purely agoraphobia or more complex? That's gotta be hard working in retail. I'm a bit of a home-body too, spend most nights on the couch with the cat. The GP went fine, I kept it together (no bridge-burning as I'd feared 'cos she annoys me a lot). I'm now doing anti-psychotics switch over, full dose of new med in 4 days, really looking fwd to it. SHe ok'd all the wacky supplements I'm trying too so I'm reassured.

Here are my babies! 80 indigenous geraniums. There's only 3 left on site so even if just a few survive it will help bolster the population. Thanks for taking an interest mate, it puts most people in a coma

geraniums.JPG

How did your errands mission go? How are you ankles and knees and so on? Hope they feel a bit better for some rest.

I'm off to a friend's b'day tonight, should be fun. Take care today Cat Happy

I love your babies @BryanaCamp .  Thank you for sharing.   That must feel like such an accomplishment helping them flourish. So how long have you been growing these indigenous plants?  I am not much of a gardener I have to admit.   As long as the garden is tidy (as I hate a messy garden) that is all I worry about lol.

I am glad your GP appointment went well.  And I am glad there was no bridge burning lol.  Yeah all doctors annoy me too............I have no faith or trust towards any of them.

I managed to get my errands done, only took me about an hour and a half thank goodness.  The staff and owners at the IGA supermarket I go too know me as I have been going there for over 10 years and we always have a nice chat so that helped me calm down a bit.  Had to pay the electric bill which is always horrible to do lol.

Believe it or not I have not been officially diagnosed with anything.  I have not been to a doctor about my problems.  About 20 years ago I tried to commit suicide and I was put on anti depressants.   They did not help at all and the side effects were horrendous (would rather be depressed to be honest.)    Then after 3 months I was taken off them cold turkey (which I found out later you are supposed to go off them gradually.)  Well the side effects I had going cold turkey were even worse than being on them.  I had no idea who or where I was for weeks, I was so completely out of it..............................so because of that I have not told doctors about my problems as I know I will just be put on tablets.  I don't like taking pills and the side effects are worse than the actual problem.    A few months ago I did go to see if there were any strong pain killers for my period migraines which I suffer every months for days. And I said I did not want anything that made me drowsy. She put me on this tablet (which I had to take every day which I did not want) and they made me drowsy. Plus the chemist gave me a list of side effects of these pills...............they were pages and pages long........................I did take them for about a month and I was not myself.............I had constant suicidal thoughts (a side effect) I was sleepy constantly and even my work mates said you are not yourself at all...................so I stopped taking them.   

All I know is I don't like having to deal with people constantly.  And I have trouble leaving the house.   Some days are worse than others.  I have been like this since mid high school something just snapped in me.................and yes not easy working in retail and being like this but it is what it is.......................

My legs are holding up fine thanks for asking my friend.  They will be screaming at me by the time I get home Monday after my return to work.  And then Tuesday I am doing a nine hour shift so that will test them out (and my sanity lol).

Yes I am an 80's girl.  I am 50 next year (yikes).  It was a great TV show and yes Scarecrow (Bruce Boxleitner) was a babe lol.   And Kate Jackson was brilliant as Amanda King.  I have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.    I am stuck in the 80's bigtime.  So want to time travel and go back and relive the good old days lol.

Enjoy your friends birthday tonight.  My Mum and I are going to the pics to see a screening of  Billy Connolly's stand up tonight.  Should be really funny.  

Enjoy your day today too my friend.

Blessings and love to you

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya @Gazza75  

How are you????

@Scarecrowe, I'm pretty good thanks, just at work for aniother 3hours and 12 minutes lol 🙂

Bit bummed I heard the super 9's are on this weekend, but, that its not on normal TV.. hope its on the radio at least.  I don't recall the TV show you were discussing and I feel like I should know it LOL 🙂

I always think of Worzel gummidge when people talk scracrrowes, it kind of scares me !

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance