Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Do we all simply have to help each other?

Well written chibam

So very true!  My post, I believe was not put up nore did I get a response from the moderatore I tagged who had replied to my previous post.  Made me feel even worse than I did before writing it. It's awful when you are going through something so painful and you're ignored😭

@chibam @Historylover  what great insite you both have.  So very true what has been said by all.

Hello all @Historylover @Former-Member @Clawde @Owlunar @chibam 

and any others whom I have missed.

I responded to those who appeared in the drop down box.

Some very interesting concepts written and discussed.

This is what a forum is about.

Discussion, exhanging ideas, feelings, experiences.

I also have had many years in therapy and several psychiatrists, psychotherapists, psychologists.

For me the best outcome has been with two psychotherapists over a span of several decades. 

A change in professionals due to reaching a point where I no longer needed sessions, having time out from therapy....yeah!

finding a new therapist to fit my needs, my depth...not easy....

I now have a psychiatrist who has become a psychotherapist which suits me perfectly. Not for everyone I would have to say.

Psychology did not work for me, however that does not mean that I do not believe in it. Again the therapy and therapist have to suit each other.

For me therapy is about being listened to...being heard...accepted....not judged...

I lead my therapy and my therapist follows my lead...hence listens,,,hears...accepts..does not judge...

In between sessions is when the hard work happens where I am responsible for acknowledging what I can and cannot deal with at any given time. I then relay this information about my experience at my next session if I want to discuss it.

I believe strongly, that in order for change to happen as a result of whatever kind of therapy, be it deep massage, alternative, holistic methods, talking, listening, reading, opening up.....the person undertaking the therapy needs to be ready to accept change...They need to be open to whatever surfaces during their sessions and have complete trust in said therapist that they will be safe for this to occur. It is vital that trust exists between both parties for change and growth to occur.

This can take a very long time. Therefore be not in a hurry. The symptoms that a person feels, come from a place deep within that most likely have been buried deeply in many cases for a very long time or in situations where they are not wanted to resurface.

Change and growth takes time.

If you find a therapist with whom you learn to trust and feel safe, again this might and in many cases will take time.

It did for me.

I now feel the power within me that was stifled, denied from a very young child.

I am still learning to navigate the many different emotions, fears that emerge.

I still have ongoing trauma within my family circumstances.

I am growing though, I am learning, I am starting to like me.

Yes the mental health system is a wreck.

However, look deeply and keep on looking. You will find some remarkable people who have a strong desire to help. These people understand the pain that we suffer.

Lastly, keep on writing about how you feel. Do not make the mistake of burying all emotions to please and try to gain approval from others in particular family.

Interesting thread

Sophia

Yes love we simply have to be here for each other, and help each other, text book answers are not the answer in my humble opinion , we are to complicated and so many levels that aren't written about yet, maybe they understood on one level, with the right things to say, because we allow them to, to make them feel good, etc, by listening agreeing and put some things forward, but at the end of the Day an our Master said you will never understand until you walked in there shoes etc. and it goes on and on, but Clawde believes in everything passes it all becomes a memory , time is the only thing that exists and everything expires meaning dramas happen, life happens and it's up to all of us to move on, because our lives grow past it all to our next mountain and people like us corner and smash out our next way to keep going forward as we do, hope others understand this, it's like life does not sit still for a longest time, it's only the time we choose to be in in, look forward there so much to do this is our first day for the rest of our life's,.

Love from Clawde ❤️

No, dear @Clawde, text book answers are not the answer.  Such responses lack humanity and empathy.  And yes - dramas do happen - but I think 'trauma' is a more appropriate word for the folks on this forum.  Time is a great healer - and so is the warmth of those who simply give a genuine damn about us.

Best wishes, Clawde.  I'd send you a heart but it comes out like this 'Heart' How could I not know how to send an emoticon?

Edit:  so emoticons take time to 'flesh out'?  Now I know!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance