Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Wow @NatureLover you got through a lot. Well done.

Thanks for your question.  I'm drawing on savings for a bit of weekly mentoring and support. I'm focussing on decluttering, but having the helper is also an incentive to keep on top of housework. I can't afford it longterm, it was a strategic decision. Having encouragement and transport has really helped. 

Dear @Emelia8 , thank you for your lovely message ❤️

I'm in the throes of panic at the moment so didn't get much done yesterday (except a lot of washing and drying). 

But your message is so encouraging, thank you ❤️

What a great decision @Dimity !

I'm finding that having someone come weekly to help is a good motivator too. It sounds like the person you have helping you is working out well? How did you find them?

Yesterday I fluffed around doing tiny jobs and a lot of washing and drying (hot day). I couldn't face the kitchen bench 😞 So today I am going to pack up the kitchen bench into boxes and put it in my neighbour's shed. I need to start the cleaning as I don't have much energy and doing it all in 2 days is not possible. I have my volunteer job on Mondays and would like to go to that tomorrow as otherwise I get too behind in the paperwork and it becomes too stressful. But it depends on how much I get done today. Still haven't written the Plan of Action!

Thank you for caring /understanding ❤️

Hello @NatureLover 

Well done on getting so much washing done. The day wasn't as hot as I'd expected,  probably because it was overcast.

Packing stuff in boxes can be a short-term solution. Are you packing any foodstuffs or perishables with use-by dates? I'm now at the stage of working through my boxes and other stored and shelved stuff. You might even call it discovery and recovery.

I found my helper through an online care agency providing help for disability support, aged care and private clients. She has mental health support expertise and experience. It's expensive but maybe comparable to weekly therapy. I've been doing it for 3 months now with a break over Christmas/New Year. I'd been on the journey much longer but felt I needed mentoring and practical assistance. 

This afternoon I'll get into the garden for a little while. Have a good day.

Dimity

I like that - "discovery and recovery"! 

No, there's no food in the boxes. And my friend is coming again this Friday (after the inpsection) to make a start of the boxes in the shed...

Your helper sounds ideal. I hope you can have her for some time more...

Hope you were able to do the gardening yesterday, as it seemed to be drizzling most of the day off and on...

@Dimity 

Thanks @NatureLover . It's good your friend will keep on helping you. 

Well, it's 6am on the day of the inspection and I've been awake since 4am. For the first time ever I was all ready the evening before the inspection 😮 Unheard of! 

I'm sure your encouragement and care helped @Dimity  - thank you ❤️

Best wishes @NatureLover I hope it goes well for you

Looking forward to your update @NatureLover . 

Today I dealt with some wardrobe clutter and a couple of folders of papers. It took quite a while but didn't look much. 

@Dimity wrote:

Looking forward to your update @NatureLover . 

@Dimity  I'm not coping today, had a big upset this morning, but I was so touched by this that I wanted to pop in and answer you ❤️

I think the inspection went OK, at least the house was all done, neat and clean. The new real estate agent didn't say much, didn't comment on the house, just took a lot of photos. But he didn't say anything bad. I'm greatly relieved it's over for another 6 months. 

Well done on your folders of papers - papers take so long as you have to mentally process each piece of paper and make a decision on it. Well done on the wardrobe stuff too. You seem to be making a lot of steady progress. 

Thanks again for caring. Going to try and be back online on the forums tomorrow morning as usual. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance