Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

This is a great post @MDT . Really positive.  So glad you spoke to your psych and he reinforced the "no need to rush everything ". 

Plan,  but take things slower.  Make sure all your I are dotted and all your t crossed.  Like a place to stay and a job. 

Well done

It sounds like a very psitive meeting with your pdoc @MDT  and you have some direction now. It is great that you have realised that the timeframe you were working towards wasn't achieveble and are taking some positive steps in your attitude to all of that. I'll be interested to see how the next couple of weeks go for you and how much you hold back from putting so much pressure on yourself. We can all see here that you have a drive and determination to achieve but it is also often a good idea to sit back, take it all in and lessen that pressure on yourself.

@BryanaCamp thank you my friend 🙂

no I didn't @Sam3 lol

indeed @utopia

I don't quite know what is next. But I think this is a good path I have switched to

thanks @Zoe7 how was teaching?

Good work @MDT . A new start sounds good. I am glad your pdoc appt. went well today. It is still good that you have those goals, something we should all have to work towards.

A better day today @MDT  Finally got a timetable for the week so I can see where I will be and when. Worked in some classes today and started to get to know some of the kids - I hope it works out as I really like the school - all the staff are really friendly and supportive and the kids seem lovely. It will definitely have it's challenges but hoping I can overcome some of those when I get to know everyone better.

How was your afternoon?

That's a good idea @Zoe7

My arvo was alright. My psych I can't be worried about work situation just yet. Means I will be bored for now lol. But yeh thats how it is.
I can hear my dad speaking to mum. She asked if he wanted to speak to me but he said no.. I think he is running late for something though. He doesn't really "get it" I think. But so be it.
I can see where is coming from. But at the same time... It caused too much panic. Simple choice really.

Anyways. It is what it is. Gonna speak to pdoc tomorrow about the employment stuff.

I am okay though I think.

Hey @Snowie thanks for checking in. Means a lot 🙂

It is good that your mum is speaking to your dad - hopefully he has a much better understanding of what you are dealing with @MDT  If he doesn't get it then maybe he needs to be told again - sometimes others in our lives can't deal with their loved ones being in a not so great place and he needs to understand that all this pressure you are placing on yourself is really doing some damage.

I am glad you have you psych tomorrow - will be a good opportunity to discuss some of these things worrying you again too. 

Yeh @Zoe7 exactly
As my psych said. It's not actually the end of the situation.. I can still have stuff to pursue.
Reality check
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance