Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

dally
New Contributor

work and finances and mental health surviving

thought id start up a topic about surviving, i'v had mental health iusses now for about 16 years and been in and out of work, i suffer from paranoid schizophrenia ptsd panic attacks depression, anxiety, now i'm currently living alone and on the disability pension and its a struggle financially and i go without a lot but i have lawyers fighting a super claim, but i'm doing it hard and i really need my finances to improve and i'm sort of forced to think about going back to work, but my mental health doesn't really make that a reliable option, wondering what other peoples thoughts are and remember i'm completely alone.

1 REPLY 1

Re: work and finances and mental health surviving

@dally i can relate to the worry about having to survive financially when you're not able to work. although, i'm just starting to face this again for the first time in years, the system seems so much tougher than before, and it has never been great! 

hopefully others here have encouragement or advice for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance