Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

what are your Life Goals ?

Hi Forum Friends while thinking about where I am at personally in my own life Ive realised Ive lacked confidence and self worth not just in one area of my life but multiple areas because of it seems a mountain of self doubt,not feeling worthy,good enough,lacking a sense of purpose anyway I was thinking about goals and while thinking about goals Ive had trouble recognising what those goals are so Ive decided maybe as a way to not only help myself but help others too to start a thread about what our goals are? what are your goals wether big or small? what are your Passions? or if like me you may need to remind yourself what those goals and passions are anyway hope this thread helps by being able to think of some of your goals in life wether big or small goals they all matter so heres a safe place to share your unique goals or to think of goals you would like to achieve and have support from fellow forum Friends Ill Tag some of you Heart @Former-Member , @ShiningStar  @BPDSurvivor , @saltandpepper ,@Oaktree , @Shaz51 , @Jynx , @HenryX,@AussieRecharger  , @BlueBay , @outlander@Lostandalone sorry if Ive forgotten anyone 

29 REPLIES 29

Re: what are your Life Goals ?

Hey @LostAngel 

I have had many life goals.  Someone recently said I had a big life.  I keep on chipping away at things, whether they are a job, study, family, creative or the house. I never really had big goals as such, a lot of goals are practical survival oriented.  All the chipping away has added up, so I can look back and see a range of achievements and areas in my life where no matter how hard I tried, things did not work out.

At the moment I have ladder set up in my courtyard and I spend about 5-10 mins trimming a climber.  Not long cos I am no longer good at ladders.  I do see myself as  worker rather than a goal person.  We all have different attitudes.  For some people it can be a matter of dhooting for the stars and landing on the moon, and having a big good adventure, but slightly different than expected.  Keep being you and extending yourself in different ways.

Cheers Apple.

Hello @LostAngel  at the end of the day my life goal is to be WISE not really sure why, it's been a long journey and every day I add I find just more questions sometimes I wonder what it will be like when my time is up and I am sitting in the big bar so to speak (like in heaven talking to God) or meeting the maker or his Holliness or on another planet 🌍 or in another plane or universe or what ever. The point is some days I wonder what's the point so I just want to improve my self and help people I just don't why so at the end my Life Goal is to be Wise 

like this topic thanks for the thoughts from your Clawde 😇

Thanks for including me @LostAngel X.. My main goal is to get through this current bout of crippling depression l am experiencing now.. Trying to be kind to myself and focusing on the positives I have around me 💕

What a great question @LostAngel!  Thank you for including me too.

For me - that the years of being without my family has taught us the lessons we could ALL gain from it, and that we will re-form without all of the bugs we had inherited and added to - which made for unacceptable relationships and a very uncomfortable life.

That I will have a home of my own, a garden to potter in, family who thrive being part of it, reconcile with my adult daughters with all having new-gained maturity and wisdom, to meet my grandchildren, to value and be valued within our family unit, to have intelligent conversations, to be able to discuss different points of view and learn from each other, to have friends to share it with if that is what the powers that be decree.  To go to the opera!!  A restaurant! To enjoy the finer things of life - within reason.  Perhaps to travel a little more.  To reconcile with my entire birth family.  To put what I have learned from this period of estrangement to best use.

To live a good life and to leave things in better shape than I found them.

Cheers! Smiley Wink

Hi everyone!

Thanks for this thread @LostAngel ...

My life goal was always just to be content with myself and helping others.

I feel like I've sort of achieved that as I'm sitting in that space now. So moving forward, I really don't know what my next set of goals consist of.

I don't know whether I want to have my own family, or whether I just want to be a career person. As long as I can help others, I think I'll be satisfied.

@Historylover @Cin @Clawde @Appleblossom 

Hello @LostAngel

and

@Always-hope @ShiningStar @BPDSurvivor @saltandpepper @Meggle @Shaz51 @Jynx @AussieRecharger  @BlueBay @outlander @Lostandalone @Claude @Cin @Appleblossom @Candydipper1 @Historylover

Your idea of a thread on "what are your Life Goals?" is, I believe, a very good one. As usual, I started out on my Apache OpenOffice word processor, and the whole concept was growing too large to simply be written in a condensed form. When I started looking at goals, that seemed to require some sort of review that would need to include reflection on where I had wanted to go (earlier in life), where I had actually gone (or been), leading to how I got to where I am now. Then the consideration of what, and how, all that life material can be funnelled through my 'present' into my future wishes, desires and goals.

The question of goals is, I think, very significant. And a goal needs a plan.

So a very brief outline of my plan is:

• Plan to plan each day, week, month, year.

• A plan cannot be changed, if there is no plan to change.”

• Deal with emotional and psychological barriers to improvement and progress; 'self directed' and 'professionally assisted'.

• Includes dealing with significant retained and residual depressive influences – Internal (psychological) and External (physical and environmental){personally acquired as well as imposed by community, law, etc.}

• Allocate a portion of plan time to the research of personal improvement and personal development resources:

• psychological recovery eg. therapy methods ('self directed' improvement and 'professionally assisted') with reference to: experience of, and recovery from trauma; child, adult, and other appropriate topics {for the person and circumstances concerned} Available as youtube videos and websites relating to topics.

• All of the above planning process improves the chances of success in the following goals:

• Establish, as far as possible, significant relationships with each of my children

• Consolidate and improve assets

• Dispose of possessions that are superfluous, unwanted, unneeded,

• Consider further education

• course of study?

• time to complete?

• Time and, or means of applying the material learnt?

• Other ways of contributing to community

• Non-teaching support role at local school?

• Participation and involvement with community organisations or groups?

This is a statement of my goals. I have already commenced the professionally assisted part of my plan, by having sought and attended counselling discussions each week, over the past few weeks. I prefer to use the term “discussion” instead of a more clinical and obscure sounding “session”

By suggesting this thread, @LostAngel , you have stimulated and thereby facilitated for me, the opportunity to be clear in my statement of personal goals, and have added a sense of urgency to their implementation.

Thank you

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

P.S.; Please let me know if your forum address {eg. @HenryX in my case} does not come through on the

“New”, “Your Notifications” page. Just testing “copy and paste” process.

Former-Member
Not applicable

What a fantastic idea @LostAngel  

how can we moved forward, onwards and upwards without a goal! I am having a little break from the forums but didn't realise I hadn't logged off!  But ATM my goal is to go camping to make an appointment to see my GP when I get back. To walk in nature and climb a gorge at Kalbarri. To try get a fuller nights sleep by doing this. To practice breathing exercises to try prevent panic. Take care everyone. 🌺🌻

@Sky4  @RedHorse  

Hi @HenryX ,

You always have such thoughtful and well thought out posts to share with everyone which I'm very grateful for. However, I'd also like to point out that I find your centred text alignment a bit tricky to navigate. 

Please please don't take offence. I just wish I could concentrate more on your responses but find the centre alignment a bit tricky.

Of course you don't have to change it if you don't wish to. It's entirely your call. No judgement on my part if you continue with the centre alignment. 😉

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance