Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

BamBam
Senior Contributor

'THIS WAY UP' social anxiety training

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the THIS WAY UP online training and whether it's worth the $59 fee.

https://thiswayup.org.au/how-we-can-help/courses/social-phobia

I am trying to stay ahead of the curve and beat social anxiety as I have read about various disorders that can stem from this. More labels are not what I need Smiley Mad

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 'THIS WAY UP' social anxiety training

Hi @BamBam

I haven't heard much about the program myself, but what I look for in programs like this is -

1) Is it associated with credible organisations?

2) Is there any credible research?

What gives me confidence in this program is that it seems to be a collaboration with St Vincents  and UNSW - which assures me that a lot of research and testing went into its development.

It looks like there have been some published journal articles and a significant amount of research generated from the team (https://thiswayup.org.au/about-us/research/) 

I noticed that it's the same price to do 3 months with clinician supervision as it is to do the 'self help' version. I would think it would be good use of money to have your clinician work with you on it - if you have one you connect with. That's just me though.

I'd be keen to hear what others think too.

I had a little value from the free mindspot course and have looked at others things on the net.

As I have spent a lot on face to face counselling ... I am getting more and more reluctant to to PAY and their are so many experts touting business on line ... so I have put it off for a few months to see if I really need that kind of thing.

I am sure many programs are worthwhile

.. but take your time ... do your research ... before you spend any money.

Hi @BamBam,

How did you go with finding apps?

There's also this online training program, MoodGym developed by Natonal Institute for Mental Health and ANU. and mindspot.org

Come to think of it, there's also this thread where we've listed some apps.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance