Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Marulu
Contributor

Suggestions for boosting energy

Hi everyone,

I have Major Depressive Disorder and often feel so tired I could cry.  Does anyone have suggestions for how to boost energy?What works for you? Don't say exercise because I don't have the energy to do that!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Suggestions for boosting energy

Hey @Marulu  have you had all your bloods checked to make sure all your levels are right? 
i also often have a ‘voost energy’. Google. You can get them from chemist or supermarket. 

Fair enough @Marulu - for me when I'm really really low in energy, I take an effervescent multivitamin tablet (can't name it here). Dissolve it in water and drink it. I take that for about 2 days, THEN I do some exercise. 

I don't start off with exercise when I really feel I don't have energy - even though it's supposed to be re-energising.

hello friend simular feeling at the momment about lack of energy also have major depressive disorder ,have really felt the need to excercise and want to excercise but lack energy too, im not sure how to help besides sympathising and maybe try something that feels fun like dancing maybe,sorry if this isnt helpfull,its hard to excercise sorry for not being more help 

• Hi Marulu!

It's hard when you have MDD & feeling pooh. Something I find helpful is to put on a podcast and if you can, sit in the Sunshine even just for 15 mins. I do little things like get a beach towel to sit on & and pull weeds from my garden, potter around inside, read a book, cool shower, get your feet up against a wall. Be kind to yourself; you're not alone. Write in a journal one good thing a day that happened...could be noticing  a butterfly or a rainbow, could be you got the dishes done. It's the little things. 🌻

Hi @Marulu 

I try going to bed at the same time and getting up at the same time. I eat protein for breakfast and lunch, then a main meal at night.

Sometimes it’s hard to differentiate between lack of energy and lack of motivation but be kind to yourself and take a few steps each day.

Hi @Marulu , I remember at the end of my 3 year nervous breakdown (severe depression) my mum gave me some multivitamins, and that was the start of me having more energy and starting to recover. 

Good luck...

Hello 

first of all i would suggest moodgym.com.au has some fantasic resourses and tools to allow you to comprehend and understand yourself and what causes your depression and why its like a self healing . I use this app myself and it has truely assisted me when i went through a dark period of depression and anxiety in my life the last few months .Do you know your triggers ,causes ,signs when you enter a major depressive state ?. I would also recommend down load the app beyond now if you have had suicidal thoughts and complete a suicide prevention plan . what off sets your depression ?. I found a bullet journal useful and insightful for me to keep track of moods and daily productivity which i was then able to show my pschologist so she was able to implement a action plan . i  would also highly recommend the pod cast inside mental health by gabe howard on spotify has really been a eye opener for me .hope my advice helps .i wish you all the best on your recovery journey

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance