Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Self Care is a must to prevent Burnout

right now self care is such an important thing to do as Ive pretty much become emotionally Burned out over weekend for various reasons,going off at family members was the final result,anyway I need to still try to get my head into a more positive headspace and to self regulate particularily anger so that I dont blow up at people,today so far I have stayed in bed alot,slept alot,spent time just laying down,resting,thinking,processing ,I ate breakfast,I made myself have a long hot shower which helped,I just listened to some music from youtube,Ive refused to answer calls,messages for the day except for to let people know Im placing the boundary of needing time to myself,Ive vented to my Romantic Partner and he has been very supportive and understanding,Ive spoken to lifeline yesterday after I got so angry at family members that I yelled,swore so loudly and took off in my car to get away from everyone and everything to have space,Ive slept alot today,might have to rest more tomorow aswell,Ive eaten dinner,Ive kept my fluids up,writing here on the forum,tried breathing excercises and try to picture in my mind one positive thought just one to help myself out of this emotional valley so to speak,I might try to watch a movie or keep listening to music before bed tonight,could a light a nice fragrant candle for a while too,but just mainly rest and sleep and care for myself rather than be so giving and focusssed on giving others what they need to the point of my needs being left unfullfilled 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Self Care is a must to prevent Burnout

self care is essential @LostAngel Hope you are OK 💛

Hey @LostAngel Wow you are really good at self care.

I could learn a few lessons from you for sure!

I don’t know your back story but it sounds like you must have been under a lot of pressure. You also said you were burnt out. I guess we all have our own windows of tolerance before we either  cave in or explode. 

I hope you start to feel better soon.

PS. I use safe and small doses of cold exposure therapy to help calm my mind. Not sure if that might be something useful to you.

This is really beautiful to read @LostAngel Posting about all  the things you have done to take care of yourself is a powerful statement. I can feel your ownership & determination in knowing you deserve these things for yourself! Helped to give me some of my true focus back too. Thankyou.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance