Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Kiera80
Senior Contributor

Sad lamp

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone on the forums has used a sad lamp before and if so what do you think of them?

I am thinking of buying one for the upcoming Autumn and Winter seasons to have the good light shining instead of the normal bulb lights that are fitted in the house.

I can't find many in Australia, might have to buy overseas.  I found this one on Amazon that might be worth looking at - http://www.amazon.com/Sphere-Gadget-Technologies-SP9882-Lightphoria/dp/B004JF3G08

Lately I have been finding that I need to have more light in the space I'm in.  It helps to lift my mood and make me feel better.

2 REPLIES 2
NikNik
Senior Contributor

Re: Sad lamp

Oh wow @Kiera80 - I haven't heard of these before!

I have heard of Seasonal Affective Disorder and that light therapy can be helpful, but haven't seen a light you can use in your home for this purpose.

Well.. I haven't learnt something new 🙂 

Re: Sad lamp

Hi @NikNik

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post.

I have known about these lamps for a while now but I don't know anyone who has used one.

I am pretty sure I'm going to get one in a few months, before the winter sets in.  I am finding lately that I can't handle not being in a reasonably well lit room.  Winters in Melbourne can be depressing and I'm not going to let myself feel that way this year.

From what I understand, you only have to use the sad lamp for half an hour to an hour per day for it to be of benefit and that sounds pretty good to me. 

When I get one I'll repost my thoughts on what I think of it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance