Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Box

Ahhh, good one Scorpion ❤️ animals ❤️

I set $20 aside once a fortnight to treat myself out to my favourite breakfast. Then i have some thing nice to look forward to 🙂

I try my very hardest best to walk my dog 3-5 times a week as well  .

Tired walking legs = a happy Baboo brain

I'm a massive Doctor Who nerd, so I would have a few of my favourite episodes. Vincent and the Doctor has to be one of my all-time favs. The Doctor and Vincent Van Gough fight an invisible monster, and in doing so the Doctor helps Vincent fight his inner demons. So, if I stick a quote in the box, I'll go with one from that episode, which is also framed on my wall.
"Every life is a pile of good things and bad things.
The good things don't always soften the bad things,
but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
If I can find a youtube video I'm gonna try and post it too. You don't need to be a Whovian to feel the emotion in the scene.

Doctor Who - Pile of Good Things Clip: http://youtu.be/QjUKGfBW74o
Not too sure if this'll post... I'm on my phone.

Some copies red dwaf .? Corny but always funny
scorpion

Ooh I love Red Dwarf!

I just discovered salted caramel Tim Tams today. So naughty, and perhaps a guilty pleasure that should be kept to a minimum...

redhead
Senior Contributor

One thing in my coping box is bubble mixture. It gives me something pretty to focus on and also mindfully focus on my breathing
Another this is playdough great to keep my hands busy when I want to self harm
There is also pen and paper so I can either draw or journal.
I have a little stuffed beat.
There is some chocolate
I really want to add some lavender oil so I cover all my senses.
I also have a list of help lines to call if things get to much and I feel really unsafe

Other thing I use to cope that aren't in my box include music, exercise, tv, Facebook, Xbox and hanging out with friends.

Oh I love the salted caramel tim tams!
The peanut butter ones were a bit of a let down.
I love peanut butter way too much, but I don't like the tim tams.
I did however discover Whittakers make a peanut butter chocolate. Which is heaven. And even better melted into a crossiant. Mmmm...

Our box is getting full might have to get a bit bigger box. Those tim tams sound rather nice.
scorpin

@redhead I love the sound of bubble mixture. Bubbles can be so pretty. I remember one time I spent ages photographing bubbles in the park. I got some great shots.

@Crazy_Bug_Lady your croissant idea with whitakers peanut butter chocolate sounds like next level stuff. Oh my... mmmmmmmm...

@SCORPION - if you get a chance, i would recommend having a try of these salted caramel tim tams. They're so delicious!

@kristin just posted some amazing links to some stuff over here, which I reckon are great tools to add to our coping boxes.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance