Skip to main content

Re: Peer Group Chat// Break-Up Blues // Thursday 5th September 2024, 7-8:30PM AEST

Hearing you @GreyWolf7 . I agree with much of what you have shared here. Breaks-ups are really something that we are all faced with and it's about how we navigate the break up that ultimately supports or is a detriment to us moving forward.

With therapists, it agree whole heartedly that the relationship can so powerful - yet it can also be one of the hardest things we ever have to face.

To share our innermost vulnerabilities with an unknown person is no easy feat.

And even harder when the trusted person needs to suddenly take leave or end therapy.

I have learnt from my experiences, and I had to be well enough to accept this, that therapy has boundaries. Nowadays, I go into therapy with the mindset that it too, will end. That I need to glean as much as I can from it when I'm there and to make the most of it because I won't have it forever.

I feel this little bit of a distance helps me to set realistic expectations.

Re: Peer Group Chat // Break-Up Blues // Thursday 5th September 2024, 7-8:30PM AEST

@Captain24 I’m gobsmacked that a psychologist called you selfish and stupid.

Oh my gosh I don’t know what to say. I hope they lost their job.

G

Re: Peer Group Chat// Break-Up Blues // Thursday 5th September 2024, 7-8:30PM AEST

Sorry I couldn't make tonight's chat, but I had my men's group tonight.  Next Thursday is my support group so I'll miss that chat as well 😞

Not that I would have been able to offer much tonight... I've never had a breakup myself.  Perks of being alone for so long.